Valkyrie Rifles - Credit where credit is due

SeaMonkey

Just in case anyone is interested, I rang up Dave Wylde at Valkyrie Rifles this morning for advice on the health of my Mark Bradley built Armalite AR10. He said bring it over this afternoon and we'll take a look.

Within minutes of my arrival, Dave had assessed the rifle and given it a clean bill of health but for a spot of marring on one of the lands right at the muzzle (the main reason for the health check but I don't want to talk about how that got there 😑).  The next thing I know, the rifle barrel is in the lathe and a new crown and muzzle brake thread are being turned. He then paid a lot of attention to re-timing the muzzle brake to perfection. Job all done and dusted while I drink coffee, cool.

I fully expected to be leaving my rifle behind for any works deemed necessary but the immediate action taken, considering how busy he is and the amount of pending build orders he has pinned to his wall, was mighty impressive.

First class service from a thoroughly nice fellow, thanks Dave.