Sako Finnfire P94S

My own original Sako Finnfire P94S .22LR 

Ive owned quite a few of these while looking for the best I could find, this one is that. The bluing is spotless, not even a hint of rust anywhere, the wood had the odd small impression of love here and there but the rifle really is the cleanest Finnfire Ive seen. I didnt think I would ever sell this rifle but I doubt I've fired it in 3yrs so it would be better being with someone who will get the pleasure I got from using it. 

As accurate a .22LR as you will find - £600

I can email more pictures on request alan@alanmaughan.net

IMG_9836.jpg

6 hours ago, 1066 said:

Another thumbs up for the P94S - I've just won the Kent summer season benchrest comp with my Finnfire.

And I won the Durham and Cleveland benchrest postal comp with mine.

I have three of the variants - I'd love to find a full stock one.

1 hour ago, outlanda said:

Dare I ask how they compare against a sako quad for accuracy as always afraid of buying used.

I dare say there will be little if any difference to a good Sako Quad assuming yours is performing as it should and you have found an ammo it likes, the difference in the P94S is its build quality.

As for your fears of buying second hand which I can understand. Im quite well known in the rifle building world these days and selling you a rifle that didnt shoot wouldn't be good for an excellent reputation I have worked very hard to build. If you can shoot then you wouldn't be disappointed in this rifles accuracy. I found it preferred SK Standard and SK Match for best group accuracy but for rabbits I used Eley Subs and Ive regularly head shot rabbits at 100yds with a good rest and given still conditions.

I remember taking a young lad out shooting rabbits, he had bought a .17 HMR as his first rifle because his dad had told him .22LRs were only good for 50yds. His first rabbit was headshot at 92yds, his second at 98yds. It was a nice still summer evening so it was possible to push the ranges a bit. I think I also got one at 110yds that evening, all of these were ranged and then dialled for with an 8-32x Sightron.

If I keep reminiscing like this I can see me ending up keeping her! 😁

2 minutes ago, Big Al said:

I dare say there will be little if any difference to a good Sako Quad assuming yours is performing as it should and you have found an ammo it likes, the difference in the P94S is its build quality.

As for your fears of buying second hand which I can understand. Im quite well known in the rifle building world these days and selling you a rifle that didnt shoot wouldn't be good for an excellent reputation I have worked very hard to build. If you can shoot then you wouldn't be disappointed in this rifles accuracy. I found it preferred SK Standard and SK Match for best group accuracy but for rabbits I used Eley Subs and Ive regularly head shot rabbits at 100yds with a good rest and given still conditions.

I remember taking a young lad out shooting rabbits, he had bought a .17 HMR as his first rifle because his dad had told him .22LRs were only good for 50yds. His first rabbit was headshot at 92yds, his second at 98yds. It was a nice still summer evening so it was possible to push the ranges a bit. I think I also got one at 110yds that evening, all of these were ranged and then dialled for with an 8-32x Sightron.

If I keep reminiscing like this I can see me ending up keeping her! 😁

Thank you Big Al. Its a nice looking rifle and very tempting.