question for you

Guest cyprinuschris

Guest cyprinuschris

Some may or may not buy this publication but on page four of this months sporting rifle on the top left hand picture there is an article picture with a guy with a shooting stick with four sticks(mark sutherland) I have seen these in a local rfd but I'm not paying the price they want, the design is very simple does anyone know there make or does anyone know the design. I didn't want to get the camera out in the shop, so I could make my own, but like I say the design is very simple and the stability was unbelievable, any help appreciated even if it's just to get the sticks cheaper

Some may or may not buy this publication but on page four of this months sporting rifle on the top left hand picture there is an article picture with a guy with a shooting stick with four sticks(mark sutherland) I have seen these in a local rfd but I'm not paying the price they want, the design is very simple does anyone know there make or does anyone know the design. I didn't want to get the camera out in the shop, so I could make my own, but like I say the design is very simple and the stability was unbelievable, any help appreciated even if it's just to get the sticks cheaper

Chris,

4 x 0.5in dowels (don't worry about the flexing).

Join each pair at one end (I drilled 4mm hole and put knotted paracord through -it's lasted more than 8 years).

You've now got 2 'V's. The joined ends go on the ground.

Lie one 'V' on top of the other. Join the 'V' tops. (I used rolled cut bicycle inner tube).

Job done!

Big advantage of my 'simple' homemade is that you can slide the bicycle inner tubes up and down to allow use in sitting or standing.

..you'll also find 'experts' laugh at them -until you compete at 100m standing shots :lol:

I'll take a pic of an old pic and post it later.

Guest cyprinuschris

cheers for that gentleman and brown dog if you could post a pic any help appreciated cheers fella's p.s. PeteL i cant seem to open that link mate which section is the discussion in cheers once again

Exactly as BD has put but without drilling - I used B&Q green "metal" garden canes (x4) and hoover drive belts, used mine for years without problem.

Cost was about £20 (5 yrs ago)

Four sticks make very a stable shooting position.

These sticks are "banned" from BDS comps in some areas as the standing shots are too easy with them :lol:

Four target inserts from a BDS comp I shot with different calibres, but using four sticks for the standing phases.

The shots were 140mtrs prone, 100 mtrs timed (3 shots / 10 seconds), 70mtrs seated and 50 mtrs standing.

4muntjacktargetinserts.jpg

I dont have a pic of the sticks sorry.

I dont have a pic of the sticks sorry.

Nor did I, but those long winter nights etc -just popped outside (confirming everything my wife thinks!):

P1010083internet.jpg

P1010084.jpg

P1010085.jpg

P1010086.jpg

Note the bits of fabric tape halfway down the sticks -that's the position to which I slide the inner tube for sitting.

Archived