Redding .308 Body die set up

DeLaRue

Good morning All...
I need to reset my Redding .308 body die into the turret & have lost the instruction leaflet that came with the dies. 
It's been a while now since I first set it up but from memory I think you just fully raise the arm with the shell holder in place, then screw the die in until it makes contact with the shell holder plus a tad more. On this point my memory fades, so do you screw the die in one or half more turns or is the shell holder contact point plus a tad more to cam over where you start from? I will fine tune the shoulder bump using a case gauge anyway but which is the correct starting point?
Thank you in advance....
Regards,
Stuart

You basically wind die in until it seats on shell holder with press at max stroke . Back off about 3/4. Turns . Size case and check measurement required the adjust down until desired shoulder length is hit . Same for all resizer dies basically .

33 minutes ago, Pat Allen said:

You basically wind die in until it seats on shell holder with press at max stroke . Back off about 3/4. Turns . Size case and check measurement required the adjust down until desired shoulder length is hit . Same for all resizer dies basically .

sort of agree - I would adjust so as to feel a good over camming (on a RCBS Rockchucker). This is a full length resize to SAAMI spec.   I think 3/4 backed off is a long way to start from to adjust the holder bump but each to their own.

7 hours ago, Pat Allen said:

What you are looking to achieve with the body die is the correct head space / should bump for your rifle. For a bolt action usually around 1 to 2 thou less than a case fired in your rifle from a datum measured on the shoulder with an indicator gauge. In reality the measurement will be less due to “spring-back” from the fired case. The screw down to shell holder is a bit of a shot in the dark. As a guide to shoulder bump a semi-auto is recommended around 3 to 4 thou and if you really cranky down and over cam down on it you can get down to about 1 tenth by which time you start getting case head separation.