scope advice please nsx or z6i

hi all, im new here but been looking for a while and have been a member of sd for a while. wanted to pick your brains here as i know what advice i will be given on the stalking forum about my dilemma.

i am an 8x56 hungarian man at heart on my .243 and .308, but i fancy something different for some long range work. tried a 6.5 - 20 x 50 leupold but got rid because it wouldnt come up with the goods at low light or when lamping, but was an excellent scope for load development.

i fancy either a swaro z6i 2.5 - 15 x 56 or an nf nsx 3.5 - 15 x 56 with maybe 2dd reticule.

will be used on an r93 .243 for fox, sometimes deer (head/neck specific) and crows/rabbits for some long range fun/practice.

will also use it for load development on .243 and .308.

any reccomendations on which i will prefer and the big question, will i be happy with their last light performance compared to my 8x56's (30mm and 1") when used at 8x mag

cheers in advance

Hi

the z6 is a unbelievable scope,and i have one sat on top of my 270 wsm at the moment,but it is let down by one thing,a true ballistic turret.

but i would not let that stop me getting one.

it is probably the best scope i have looked through

ATB

Colin :rolleyes:

I have no vested interest in which ever brand of scope but has anyone considered all these full page adverts within the British press by one particular scope

manufacturer?

This has got to be paid for by somebody.

Would you agree on average £2000 + VAT is the going rate for a full page colour advert.

That somebody is not the agent or manufacturer..................................................

Has anybody heard about "subconcious product placement" ?

GO OUT borrow one, beg for one if you have to and decide for yourself .................

Subjective comments on the net are biased and not scientific at all.

BTW I was in the same shoes as yourself some 02 years ago when I started out i.e. not sure about what brand to go for until I started borrowing other peoples's scopes and tested them myself.

Now I have 07 brands and 11 scopes. I still cannot decide which is the best................if thats helps at all.

My conclusion scopes are really a fashion statement.

I feel great if I have the latest and the biggest.

If there is a better model I have to upgrade and be part of the crowd.

That excactly what this brand has done with the Ballistic turret.

Do we need it?

Hell no but everytime we flip that magazine it stares are you in the face and your friends are getting one so..............the search goes on.

To be honest at the top level all scopes are all about par.

Remember you must compare like for like specification. better get back to the beach..............happy hunting and merry christmas to you all from Thailand.

Archived