New 6mmBR rifle

n8ess

I think I have finally found my ideal rifle, definitely a keeper? I only scoped it in last week so I haven't been able to get out with it yet, the scope isn't my ideal choice but it will have to do for now until I can recoup some funds.

Built by Mike Norris of Brock and Norris Firarms. Remington 700 action with 6mmBR magazine, Border Barrel stainless fluted 5.5 varmint contour with 1:9 twist, muzzel threaded 5/8 unf with invisible end cap Rifle Basiz extend varmint trigger Macmillan A5 Tactical stock with spacer system + presentation pad, forend rail system - bedded with aluminium devcon putty and Vee block pillars Warne Tactical mounts and two piece bases Included in package, Full load development and ballistic prints, loading dies, B&N custom muzzle brake, Ase utra S5 moderator, Leupold VX111 4.5-14x50 illuminated scope.

It came with 125 custom loads of 80g fowlers which I must say are grouping beyond my expectations. ;) ;) ;)

Cheers

Neil

post-6028-1229963632_thumb.jpg

Nice looking rifle. You won't go far wrong with the BR but I would ditch the Fowler's if you are using them for varminting . I found they pierce rabbits and crows and I had the odd ricochet.

Good hunting

John

N135 is slightly faster burning than N140.

The load I use is 30gn N135 87Vmax 10 thou off the lands. This gives a velocity around 2900fps.

This load seems to work in a variety of guns, my RPA/Walther, Andy's Tikka/Pacnor and my mates Blaser R93.

Cheers

Dave

Well done on the 6mmBR, I have also been the recipient of one of Mr. Norris' magic 6mmBRs!!

In mine, the combination of 31.8gn Varget with a 87gn Hornady (and it doesn't matter which! VMax, BTHP, SP all go to the same point!) gives around 3000fps (deer legal :rolleyes: ) and never grouped more than .3 inch...

Hours of endless fun!!

enjoy it!!

Finman

PS: merry christmas every one!

• 2 weeks later...

mike sure does build them to shoot well .one day soon he will may be building me a new one from the ground up mybe a 6mmbrx or a 6 Dasher just as a hunting rig will have to see ..i think i seen yours in his work shop im sure i did ?

• 3 weeks later...

Nice looking rifle. I am having a 6mm br built and it should be ready next week. One thing that really amazed me was the weight some stocks can be. I ordered a bell and carlson tactical stock with adjustable butt and cheek piece but luckily for me I had the gunsmith weigh it before he started any work on it. I am so glad I did it was 6 lbs and by the time I added the light varmint barrell and action and mod and scope it was up 13lbs. In the end I swopped it with the supplying dealer for the non adjustable tactical stock this weighs approx pne third of the first one. Thanks to Fox Firearms for being so helpful about this.

Archived