Zeiss reticles

This might be a better alternative idea assuming you range and dial

http://www.zeiss.de/C12567A80033F8E4/Conte...1256A7300451C05

Beware though that if you have the ladder type ret in the 2nd focal plane the hashs will only be accurate at one mag, usually quite a high one. If you have it if the first plane they will be accurate at all mags but the ret itself gets bigger when you wind the mag up. This defeats the object of a fine ret.

A

thanks,

so far ive been told you cannot get the rapid z reticles in this country???

i think the rapid z varmint would be worth a look, according to the reticles by model chart in the zeiss website you can get the rapid z varmint in the 6-24 x 56 scope, this doesn't clue up with what ive been told

does anyone else know about this?

thanks,

so far ive been told you cannot get the rapid z reticles in this country???

i think the rapid z varmint would be worth a look, according to the reticles by model chart in the zeiss website you can get the rapid z varmint in the 6-24 x 56 scope, this doesn't clue up with what ive been told

does anyone else know about this?

Sakoboomstick, sorry I should of added my Zeiss is a Conquest imported from America with a Rapid Z ret, I didn't realize that you were not able to get the Rapid Z in this country! Zeiss shoot themselves in the foot again.

Ian,

do you think the rapid z is any good for late dusk or lamping?

or how does it compare to the the 20 z plex ? in the 6.5x20x50

edi

Hi Edi, I'm ashamed to say I haven't tried it yet!!! I put the scope on several months ago, zeroed it and haven't shot the rifle since, perhaps that's the kick up the pants I need :ph34r:

It is available now in the some of the Victory range which is available in the UK through their dealers, here is a link to Ziess Germany web site

http://www.zeiss.de/C12567A80033F8E4/Conte...1256A7300451C05

Conquest are not available through UK or European distributers, so they have NO warrenty back up in Europe at all. A friend who brought one in and had immediate issues with holding zero was todl he could only send it back to the US. Getting scopes out of the US with ladder rets is now very difficult and expensive and if it goes wrong you need full import/export paperwork again for the return. In other words I would not personally touch Conquest.

I would still go for a dot and dial.

A

Ian, that thing should have a few scatches and a bit of blood on by now....

A

What I'm missing is a table with the width of the recticle at a given distance and magnification.

That picture on the website is useless.

A the warranty issue worries me a bit. But if I get one I might be able to try it in the states

before bringing it over.

I also prefer a simple crosshair and dial.

edi

i would go for the no20 recticial mate otherwise know as the zplex. i have the conquest with number 4 recticial but is abit thick for target work but good on vermin. the optics are very clear and i think for around 500 pound you cant beat them. under the lamp to there wicked

now using the zeiss conquest 6.5/20x50 mil dot. and taking bunnies out to 300 with little or no effort at all.

used it lamping last night for the first time. stunning is all i can say, and still able to drop bunnies out to 230 with a lf 140 mounted on the 4x4.

bob.

Archived