Do Swedes count ?

Ronin

As the title suggests really, do they count to be a post on here?

Will there be strongly worded objections from the "vegans" ;););):D

Another morning at the range, trying to spend more time practicing for next years target season (various things)

I invited flatnm from the site as he is local to me and a nicer chap one couldnt want to meet ;)

He told me beforehand that the farthest he had shot was 300 yds with his 243AI (based on a trued Rem 700 by Border Barrels) lovely rifle by the way mate.

Anyway, I suggested that if he didnt tell the rifle we were going to go beyond 300, it would still send em out "there"..

He was using 105 A Max's but didnt know the MV.

Like a silly lad I forgot my Chronograph and also my camera (in the rush to get out) so we were going to have to "estimate it" to work out his drops.

We arrived at the spot and met my buddy there.

The weather was abosutlely clear, but freezing and blowing a slight breeze (4mph from 8 o clock)

We set out the targets at 524 mtrs (573 yds) and also some swede's on stakes at about 600 mtrs (it was actually a ranged 610 mtrs / 667 yds ;) )

The swedes were about 4" diameter.

The targets are out there,,,,honest :D

800mtrrange.jpg

My buddy shot first at the target boards and got a lovely 2.5" group just beneath the spot, he then turned his attention to one of the swedes and five out of five shots scared it missing by a whisker but none scoring a direct hit.

Flatnm went next and using an estimated MV of 3000 fps we punched this into exbal to get an idea of his drop from zero. I think it predicted 12.25 MOA.

Three of the five shot printed on the backer about twelve inches low of the target spot.

Pretty pleased at this he was...as were we.

He then sent five rounds to the swede's but none connected.

My turn, five shots at the target - coudn't see the fall of shot as my backer was green colour (transpires it was a 5 inch group to the right of the spot)

Then turned my attention to the 610mtrs swede, first shot just missed to the right, added another .1 mil of windage and the next shot was rewarded with the swede separating into three pieces B)

We trekked out to the target boards and marked the shot fall, then returned to the firing point.

My buddy shot next again and shot a 2.5 inch vertical string (literally one above the other) to the right and low of the spot.

Unfortuantely missing the other 610 swede again.

Flanmn up next after making some data ajustments to exbal to get the right result for his fall of shot at 524mts

This time he was rewarded with a stunning 1.5inch group at 524mtrs (2 inch low and to the left of the spot) but an amazing achievement considering he hasnt shot beyond 300 yards before B)

Next target was the remaining 610mtrs swede, shot 3 caused the veggy to wver to the right - I called a hit.

The look on his face was priceless :D:D:D:D

I was last up again shooting a 3.5 inch group (must have been an off day for groups for me :D ) and missed the last swede with no connections.

Cracking morning, good company and two witnessed shots on tiny targets at "extended range"

Hope to have some pics to post as my bud had his digital with him, but none yet.

The targets, sorry no pics of the swedes, :D

My buddys, first group ringed with pen

Riksgroup.jpg

Flatnms first go three on the bottom, second go - stunning 1.5" (sorry mucked up the edit hence the sploges!)

Tonys15inchgroup.jpg

My feeble attempt

ist group in black, second in red (sorry about the splodges again and the brown tape covers last weeks practice shots)

Mygroup.jpg

As the title suggests really, do they count to be a post on here?

Will there be strongly worded objections from the "vegans" ;):D:D:D

Another morning at the range, trying to spend more time practicing for next years target season (various things)

I invited flatnm from the site as he is local to me and a nicer chap one couldnt want to meet :)

He told me beforehand that the farthest he had shot was 300 yds with his 243AI (based on a trued Rem 700 by Border Barrels) lovely rifle by the way mate.

Anyway, I suggested that if he didnt tell the rifle we were going to go beyond 300, it would still send em out "there"..

He was using 105 A Max's but didnt know the MV.

Like a silly lad I forgot my Chronograph and also my camera (in the rush to get out) so we were going to have to "estimate it" to work out his drops.

We arrived at the spot and met my buddy there.

The weather was abosutlely clear, but freezing and blowing a slight breeze (4mph from 8 o clock)

We set out the targets at 524 mtrs (573 yds) and also some swede's on stakes at about 600 mtrs (it was actually a ranged 610 mtrs / 667 yds :o )

The swedes were about 4" diameter.

My buddy shot first at the target boards and got a lovely 2.5" group just beneath the spot, he then turned his attention to one of the swedes and five out of five shots scared it missing by a whisker but none scoring a direct hit.

Flatnm went next and using an estimated MV of 3000 fps we punched this into exbal to get an idea of his drop from zero. I think it predicted 12.25 MOA.

Three of the five shot printed on the backer about twelve inches low of the target spot.

Pretty pleased at this he was...as were we.

He then sent five rounds to the swede's but none connected.

My turn, five shots at the target - coudn't see the fall of shot as my backer was green colour (transpires it was a 5 inch group to the right of the spot)

Then turned my attention to the 610mtrs swede, first shot just missed to the right, added another .1 mil of windage and the next shot was rewarded with the swede separating into three pieces B)

We trekked out to the target boards and marked the shot fall, then returned to the firing point.

My buddy shot next again and shot a 2.5 inch vertical string (literally one above the other) to the right and low of the spot.

Unfortuantely missing the other 610 swede again.

Flanmn up next after making some data ajustments to exbal to get the right result for his fall of shot at 524mts

This time he was rewarded with a stunning 1.5inch group at 524mtrs (2 inch low and to the left of the spot) but an amazing achievement considering he hasnt shot beyond 300 yards before B)

Next target was the remaining 610mtrs swede, shot 3 caused the veggy to wver to the right - I called a hit.

The look on his face was priceless :D:D:D:D

I was last up again shooting a 3.5 inch group (must have been an off day for groups for me :D ) and missed the last swede with no connections.

Cracking morning, good company and two witnessed shots on tiny targets at "extended range"

Hope to have some pics to post as my bud had his digital with him, but none yet.

Just to say a big thank you to andy and rich.

GREAT day GREAT company GREAT shooting.

Fantastic day thanks to you both.

Tony.

Guest varmartin

Sorry ....`sweeds` dont count as they are in the same class as any other` Foreign` ;) object.. :)

Now if you said they were `Turnips` then you would be in the club......( this week I have mostly been eatin TURNIP ) in my best Cornish accent ...!!!

----------------------

Well done, some cracking good groups...Im most impressed...honestly ! :o

;):):o:D

Cabbages!

Swedes are cheaper!!

Laugh, I nearly soiled myself :D:D

Hi Darrel

made a rule to myself a while ago not to post pics of long range kills.

Nothing sinister in this, just prefer to post about long range inanimate targets.

You Guys sound like you had alot of fun!!!!!! :D:o

And that what its all about!! , having some good long range practice with like minded people!!!

I thought you would of tried some fruit Ronin , and if you mix the fruit you can always do a fruit salad for afters!! ;):)

All the best...................

RAY...................................... :D :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived