Fits-In-Your-Daysack Stalking Rifle Ideas?

on the RHS (for "normal people ;) ")

;)

To misquote Inigo Montoya (whilst fighting magnificently with his 'off' hand);

Westley (who thinks he's winning): Why are you smiling?

Inigo Montoya: Because I know something you don't know.

Westley: And, what is that?

Inigo Montoya: I am not (Right) handed.

:lol:

Rick,

Apologies, you posted whilst I was typing my preceding post.

The standard contender: I have to say that, whilst I'm firmly in the 'function' rather than 'form' school of thought with rifles, the pistol grip -particularly in the area where it joins the action- looks so awful /bodged /homemade I can't get past it!

Meanwhile, that folding stock could be a transforming addition! What a daypackable rifle that would make!

Have you first hand experience of that stock / any pics?

Thanks!

BD,

No first hand experience with that stock. I came across it while I was looking for a different stock/grip. Of course the original contender was designed as a hunting pistol, thus the standard stock looking like a pistol grip with a butt added on. That style is well associated with a TC break action so they have kept it. The thumbhole designs are a lot more rifle like though. EABCO has a pretty nice looking setup if you like an oil finish. You can get the same or similar styles in laminate and synthetic also.

http://www.eabco.com/images/Thumbhole02.gif

That said, the standard stock is very comfortable to shoot and hold. The pistol grip gives you a firm place to hold, and I find that I use my bottom two fingers in my right hand to hold the pistol grip so that I can use my index finger on the trigger with no pressure or influence from nearby muscles tightening while holding the grip.

Another one that I've just found for the first time is this one at the bottom of the page:

http://www.muttmotorpool.com/contender.html

Pretty interesting, though maybe not your type. I don't know what action that is, but I don't think it is a TC.

Thanks,

Rick

post-3287-1227088743_thumb.jpg

Archived