My Target master died! Suggestions please

srvet

Evening all

This week the sensor light on my Target master trickler went out rendering the automatic trickling function non functional. I have had a look on t'interweb and see the Targermaster website is still there. Does anyone know if they are still available? If they are not what is the best ( fastest and most accurate way)to  replace it. I have used a hand trickler in the past and found it tedious. Are the automatic powder measures worth having? If so which model is best?

Yep - send it back and I'll fix it free of charge what ever the problem or however long you've had it. - However - before you send it back I would try a fresh set of batteries. The relay needs 4.8v to latch, when you press the start button, the motor starts, the circuit is energised and the light activated. Once the batteries start to get tired the sudden load may drop the voltage below 4.8v and the relay fails to latch. With good quality batteries you should get 2-3,000 ten second cycles before they need replacing. 

Trying a good set of batteries is cheaper than the postage to send it back.

2 hours ago, 1066 said:

Yep - send it back and I'll fix it free of charge what ever the problem or however long you've had it. - However - before you send it back I would try a fresh set of batteries. The relay needs 4.8v to latch, when you press the start button, the motor starts, the circuit is energised and the light activated. Once the batteries start to get tired the sudden load may drop the voltage below 4.8v and the relay fails to latch. With good quality batteries you should get 2-3,000 ten second cycles before they need replacing. 

Trying a good set of batteries is cheaper than the postage to send it back.

You are a gentleman and a scholar of the highest order!! I will try the batteries and report back

I can report that in addition to being a gentleman and scholar that 1066 is also a genius! New batteries in and working perfectly!! 

Many thanks

Simon

I used mine for the first time a few weeks ago.  I got in for Christmas 2015 but it hadn't been used.  When I pressed the red button to 'trickle', it wouldn't keep rotating.  The batteries I'd used were alkaline but a few years old.  Changed batteries and away she went!

Buying more batteries as we 'speak'...

Archived