Yesterday afternoon at 2:45pm, helping the neighbours

AndyCM

I was after the fallow yesterday at first light, with instructions to take out any foxes too. Nothing showed (full moon ;):rolleyes: ) despite the gamekeeper leaving gates open for me and spilling a few oats here and there.

So after a blank I was on to another patch, pheasant feeder filling and sitting up if I got the chance.

Pheasants done so a sit in a high seat and a call up.

IMG_0104.jpg

One calling session and within 10 mins this dog fox appeared 100 yards to my right, I let him move into the open for a more comfortable shot and nailed him at 80 yards in front.

IMG_0105.jpg

Then the rain started, so I went home (been soaked through enough lately :blink: )

Cheers

AndyCM

Nice dog fox mate, it must have been one of those rounds I reloaded for you the other night :D :D :lol:

Thanks again for the re-loading session. Top man.

Cheers

Neil

Hi Neil,

Don't tell anyone that I tried to make you a 6mm BR case out of a .243 Win eh !!!!!!!!!!

Hi Andy,

It's a great round, do you use the 58g V Maxes for foxes, I know many on here swear by them ;);) or do you stick with one bullet weight for all your needs?

Steve

Hi Steve,

I have used 95g Nosler Ballistic Tips on almost all of the foxes that I have taken with the .243 and they have performed very well. Mainly as I have a deer bullet first and a fox bullet second.

I just need to get my 7mm up and running as my deer rifle (need a good day - been waiting ages, hopefully soon) and then I'll try 70g's in the .243.

I tried 55g's a while ago and they were all over the place.

Cheers

AndyCM

Archived