Triple deuce-double Raven

Toby

Had the autumns first snowfall on wednesday AM so I thought that I'd make the most of it.Went out to my hide the night before and slept over,set alarm so I was ready to shoot at first light.The main target was foxes,but any legitimate quarry was ok.The morning started cold (-9c) and crisp.A fox was barking like mad half a km but didn't get any closer.Then a Goshawk flew in for breakfast on the deer offcuts.That explained the lack of corvids.Eventually the ravens got out of bed and got braver,finally ganging up and pushing the hawk off the bait.Still no fox,I thought I might as well take a raven(i dont shoot too many each year)find a nice one in the crosshairs and yes! One down,90m,still on the bait.Ten to fifteen minutes later his posse returned(was a flock of 15-20)they settled 200m away and gradually edged closer.Thought I would see what the 222 was good for and aimed for a nice plump one sitting on a fence post.Aimed at throat height and knocked him clean off his post with a satisfying thwock!Lasered to 150m.Shooting using one of Gary's benchbags,Sako 75 in 222 REM and using 50grs Blitzkings.Hopefully should be posting a few winter foxes soon, ATB from Norway-Toby

DSC03351.jpg

DSC03352.jpg

DSC03354.jpg

Way to go Toby, well done, looks nice and chilly there, just the ticket for chubby chaps like me :rolleyes:

Did the Rem action bolts ever arrive?

nice going Toby, I wish they would let us shoot the ravens here, there are loads of them and they are a pain in the arse with lambs etc, good luck on the foxes.

An interesting read Toby. The .222 is a very useful caliber.

I have to agree with Craig we had some ravens attacking lambs last year, they were pulling the guts out from the poor beggars and nowt you can do about it.

Cheers

Dave

Archived