deben ledray gl4, any good???

Has anybody got/used one of these?? deben state 120m beam? pencil type torch to sit on scope?

LEDRay GL4:

Up to 13hrs burn time (with non-rechargeable batteries)

4 X CR123A batteries supplied

180 Lumens 120m Beam

Waterproof

Supplied with 1" scope mount, tactical and torch switch.

retail at 70 quid ishh

I want it it for bunny bashing/ light rimfire setup??

Just dont think that the stats stack up. 100 beam probably means that the beam can be seen for 100m not that you can use it to id a rabbit etc at that distance. Even if you can I cant see 13 hours burn time of a usable 100m beam. It is LED so will be far more energy efficient than a bulb but even so a small Lampforce etc using a 12v bulb will be drawing over 4 amps an hour, ie 52 amps over 13 hours. A 50 amp capacity battery is the size of a car battery.

If you can get that much energy out of such a small package then it is indeed a big advance in the market.

A

I have a scorpion torch from the states, it takes two CR123A batteries and it only shines/lasts for an hour in constant use. The batteries are about £4 - £5 each although they are coming down in price a little and if you shop round (Sainsburys) you can get them on offer.

I'm no techy but I think the ad is a little misleading and for £70 you can get a whole lot more without the need for expensive batteries. Clusson do a handheld that also fits on your scope for about that, then all you need is a rechargable battery, you'd be soon saving against the other one.

Just my 2cents worth.

OA

Archived