Ludicrous lumensns torch mount

Scotch_egg

Back in December 2017 I ordered a Ludicrous Lumens torch mount to be used on my Photon night vision (NV) scope. I am sure that most of the ukv readers are aware of the Yukon Photon NV and the need for additional Infra Red illuminations  (IR) .

I have always used a separate IR torch, mounting the torch has always caused me grief, the most common method being a metal mount with elevation and windage adjustable screws or the cheap figure eight that is a pain to set up every time the torch is mounted. The elevation and windage mounts are heavy for what they. 

I browsed the internet attempting to find a fast and simple lite weight alternative. I came across people using Sako optilock mounts and various home made alternatives. The optilock method was nice but having to buy the parts is expensive .  The other requirement is the need for an extra picatinny rail on the scope to afford a proper position.

Eventually I came across ludicrous lumens advertising a torch mount that was 3D printed. I duly ordered one and have been using it since. What a cracking piece of kit it is. It was very simple to mount and the adjustment very slick.  It is easily removed for storage and fmgoes back to the same point of aim. 

2D89FAC4-076B-4D8D-A491-3FA49C2CAD7C.jpeg

75F3168E-1C90-405A-A98A-ADF6002CDAC9.jpeg

1 hour ago, Scotch_egg said:

I must admit there is something about traditional lamping that NV just hasn’t got. 

Exactly the reason I got one for my Recon.

NV and thermal are great for 99% of the time - but there's something a bit more 'honest' about lamping that makes it rather enjoyable. 

Archived