6x42 mk2 photon

banus02

i have a three year old photon on a 22lr and it is constantly losing its zero.same rifle/ammo/moderator scope has not been removed from the rifle.zeroed at 50 yards 2/3/4 shots zero moves left and up,readjust fired another 5 rounds same thing.up untill last week it has been fine ,nothing has been done to the scope or rifle and it has not been knock or dropped,bought from main dealer new but been told its out of warranty not interested!

I would have a look at your mounts first especially if you fitted the photon with adjustable ones,

has one of the lenses come loose?

are the action screws tight?

Let us know if you find the fault.

7 hours ago, CliveWard said:

Banus,

If all the other things mentioned don't fix your problem then check that the allen bolts on the two c-clamps that hold the whole front end of the Photon on are done up properly.

Cheers

Clive

good evening clive,i have just had a look at the three allen screws and they were indeed loose,not falling out but not tight,so i have tightened them about 11/2 turns do they require lock tight or just checking now and again? the photon has been on a 17hmr and a 22 so nothing with heavy recoil!  i will venture out and set the zero tomorrow and see how it goes.i assume yukon photons are normal reliable units.many thanks.

Archived