shotgun fitting

col48

right lads,

I'm thinking of having my shot gun fitted to me properly, who how and where.

have you used them and did they use a try gun or what ever they call them. and around (ruff estimate) how much will it cost.

i live in notts derby boarder but don't mind traveling for a good price/job.

all so I'm not the best shot in the world so I'm not going to spend loads on this.

so who would you recommend?

ATB

Colin :P

Guest northernchris

Frenchi that worked for Norman and now works with Westly Richards is a good lad with anything wood.I will pass on your number if you want???????????

Col, try Simon @ Doveridge, does very good work on shotties and is very reasonable.

All the best,

Nick

hi

i went there today, he was shooting when i got there and Gary had told him i wanted to see him,(i was going to leave the shot gun with him for 2 weeks and have it done) but he went with out seeing me.

must not need the work or cash,

not an happy teddy as we was not actually going there this week,and i dragged every one with me for nothing.

ATB

Colin :)

hi

i went there today, he was shooting when i got there and Gary had told him i wanted to see him,(i was going to leave the shot gun with him for 2 weeks and have it done) but he went with out seeing me.

must not need the work or cash,

not an happy teddy as we was not actually going there this week,and i dragged every one with me for nothing.

ATB

Colin :blink:

Colin,

Tim phoned me and asked what days Simon was at Doveridge and I told him that he was there every day except Monday and Tuesday. I did not know exactly what you wanted doing by Simon. When I arrived on Sunday , I saw Simon and told him that someone was coming over to see him and he told me he was shooting the charity shoot there ( a cancer charity ) but would see you when he had finished.

As you know , I was busy shooting an Olympic Skeet comp with Spencer so couldn't spend much time with you and then I had to shoot off at 1:20 to go and see my youngest son playing football ! I didn't get to see Simon before I went.

Unless you had a sign stuck on your head saying that you were here to see Simon to have a gun fit , how would he know who to look for ???

I can assure you he would welcome the work and if you want an unbiased opinion of him ask Nick who you have been lamping with.

As far as dragging people with you, how many people does it take to fit a shotgun? I assumed it was just you and the stock fitter.If you had called Simon 1st he would have made sure that he was available .

You could have entered the charity shoot while you were there and put some money into a good cause , I believe you were sat right next to the table where they were taking entries.

Colin,

Tim phoned me and asked what days Simon was at Doveridge and I told him that he was there every day except Monday and Tuesday. I did not know exactly what you wanted doing by Simon. When I arrived on Sunday , I saw Simon and told him that someone was coming over to see him and he told me he was shooting the charity shoot there ( a cancer charity ) but would see you when he had finished.

As you know , I was busy shooting an Olympic Skeet comp with Spencer so couldn't spend much time with you and then I had to shoot off at 1:20 to go and see my youngest son playing football ! I didn't get to see Simon before I went.

Unless you had a sign stuck on your head saying that you were here to see Simon to have a gun fit , how would he know who to look for ???

I can assure you he would welcome the work and if you want an unbiased opinion of him ask Nick who you have been lamping with.

As far as dragging people with you, how many people does it take to fit a shotgun? I assumed it was just you and the stock fitter.If you had called Simon 1st he would have made sure that he was available .

You could have entered the charity shoot while you were there and put some money into a good cause , I believe you were sat right next to the table where they were taking entries.

Garry

i spoke to you and you told me that Simon was there but he was shooting at that time, no big problem,you all so told me he was awear i was coming to see him, so i made it known to the girl behind the counter i was looking for him,as i 2 do not know him,but i did not ask him to have a sign on his forehead.

all so even after i was told he had left i still went down to his work shop to see if he had left.(and he had) as you told me to go down there and see him.

no one asked him to come and find me,no one asked him to put his self out, all i expected was for him to wait for me,as i was waiting for him. unfortunately he was shooting at the time we arrived,and still had not finished after we had had our breakfast,so we went shooting,(as i had m8s waiting for me as well)

plain and simple,

as for the comment about dragging my m8s with me,what part of the post did you not get.???

they was going somewhere else, they did not want to go to dove ridge.

but they cam with me as i told them i was going to have my gun fitted and leave it with Simon for a fortnight.(hopefully that would be long enough to sort it out)

as for the charity shoot, what the ###### has that got to do with anything??? are you trying to shame me???

because I'm afraid you will not do that Gary,i give to charity when i am ready,not when people tell me to.

so don't go down that rout,you have no idea what i give,

ATB

Colin :blink:

Colin,

I'm not trying to shame you at all as like you say i don't know what you do for what charity.

the point I'm making is that I'm sure you didn't have to handcuff your mates and drag them down to Doveridge with you so why did they, and it was a bit of tongue in cheek to say you could have enjoyed yourself while you were there and the money not be wasted but to go to a good cause so please chill out.

You know how busy it was there and I'm sure it was a case of you and Simon just missing each other and not a case of Simon not wanting to see you or not wanting the business. There were two big competitions going on and the staff were pretty busy.

Like I said, if you gave Simon a call first I'm sure none of this would have happened and if you are still wanting work done on your stock I'm sure he would pleased to do it and you would not be disappointed in his work.

Colin,

I'm not trying to shame you at all as like you say i don't know what you do for what charity.

the point I'm making is that I'm sure you didn't have to handcuff your mates and drag them down to Doveridge with you so why did they, and it was a bit of tongue in cheek to say you could have enjoyed yourself while you were there and the money not be wasted but to go to a good cause so please chill out.

You know how busy it was there and I'm sure it was a case of you and Simon just missing each other and not a case of Simon not wanting to see you or not wanting the business. There were two big competitions going on and the staff were pretty busy.

Like I said, if you gave Simon a call first I'm sure none of this would have happened and if you are still wanting work done on your stock I'm sure he would pleased to do it and you would not be disappointed in his work.

well Gary

all i can say is you would have thought he would have waited,

now it being busy does not matter now does it,he wasn't pulling the clays now was he.and he differently was not filling the traps as 1/2 of them where not working.

ATB

Colin

In all honesty Col theres no excuse for going out of the house without your sign on your head :blink:

Heres mine

owen_train_sign_thumb.jpg

I never leave home without it :D:lol:;)

Tim

i was but I'm afraid no one noticed,

here is the one i had on

owen_train_sign_thumb.jpg

ATB

Colin :D

Archived