what hight mounts for a 5.5-22x56

ive looked thru a couple one was a couple of years ago & pants the other was realy good!

i love the turrets & like the look of the np2dd ret so well see how it fairs against my Zies conquest 6-20x50!

pete urs is a 50mm version isnt it!??

thinking a should have played safe & got that one!

Cheers Andy

Andy,

The one i just baught has the NP2 DD reticle, bloody great, fair enough i havent got multiple aim points which i was after, then i thought bugger it i can dial and shoot the bugger instead of muckin about,

The nice thing is, at 22x the center dot at 100yards is the size of a 6mm bullet hole ;)

Andy,

The one i just baught has the NP2 DD reticle, bloody great, fair enough i havent got multiple aim points which i was after, then i thought bugger it i can dial and shoot the bugger instead of muckin about,

The nice thing is, at 22x the center dot at 100yards is the size of a 6mm bullet hole :angry:

Ideal mate

i am a little conserned about it low light performance against the ziess but the ret looks brill & i love the turrets!

I should have it soon:-)!

ANDY

Just recieved email from border barrels to say my rifle is ready (6 weeks ahead of approx date of completion) its in 6mmbr, im planning to put a nf 5.5-25 on top, what is the best uk price anybody has seen??????.Im out of the country for another 6 weeks and itchin to get back to my new rifle(barrel)

NELL

Just recieved email from border barrels to say my rifle is ready (6 weeks ahead of approx date of completion) its in 6mmbr, im planning to put a nf 5.5-25 on top, what is the best uk price anybody has seen??????.Im out of the country for another 6 weeks and itchin to get back to my new rifle(barrel)

NELL

You will be hard pressed to find a better price than T&J McAvoy http://www.guns.gb.com/erol.html#1X0

Personally I would buy second hand and pay no more than £800 or considering you are using Border why not look at the IOR range.

Thanks for that ELWOOD, does look very good price.

My mate is going to have an IOR, should have it by the time i get home so will see how he gets on with it...

Funky, why did you go for the 50mm, where you able to compare with the 56mm or just personal choice????

Thank guys

NELL

Not trying to hijack this thread :);):P

persoanly I dont like 56 mm scopes and you dont really need one either,

well its here

first impresion is its bloody huge!

I've now mounted it after compairing it to the ziess in day light id say its easyer to see detail on stuff if that makes sence?

going to zero & see Wht its like in the eve tonight!

love the ret & the ilumination setup!

think the bc's will just clear which is a result !

Andy

Unless your Zeiss is nightvision Skany i dont think you'll be dissapointed with the low light capabilities, i was out last nite testing mine after seening the biggest lowland stag ive ever seen over the boundary fence i was pissed off, so i waited till dark for charlie, then it started to rain :) so i stayed aslong as i could wound here right down to 5.5 and just cept lookin, and i could see though it better than my own eyes would let me see, and i thought in the rain thats impressive! right up there with S&B's for low light and clarity!

well all zeroed & ready to rock !

I waited untill dark so i could set the iluminated ret & try out its low light performance & it seemed very good altho i didnt take the ziess as well to compair!(my shooting buddy has one so il compair directly later!)

I would say the focus is very fussy compaired to the ziess ,I can set the ziess on 150yds & see clear to 300+ where th eNF i had to tweak the side focus !

also strugling to see the ret clearly so i need to play with the ret focus a bit more tomorrow!

managed a just over 1/2 group at 300yds on my first try with the dot so im pleased so far!(and my exball was on the nail!:-))

LOVE the turrets :-):-)

cheers Andy

• 2 weeks later...
You will be hard pressed to find a better price than T&J McAvoy http://www.guns.gb.com/erol.html#1X0

Personally I would buy second hand and pay no more than £800 or considering you are using Border why not look at the IOR range.

Stumbled across this one in another forum and the prices look good here too:

http://opticswarehouse.co.uk/products.asp?cat=349

I didn't know it before, apologies if I am 'teaching you how to suck eggs'.. (although your are not a bunch of grannies :blink: )

best wishes,

Finman

Archived