Steel plate or long range paper in the North East.

I have been speaking to a member here who would like to have a try at long range target shooting. Maybe 300 yards initally. He is based in the North East and uses a .223.

Are there any groups of members in the north of England or southern Scotland who get together occasionally who could show this guy the ropes?. I have a feeling that some of you use Peter Jacksons range but I am not sure how far that is then there is always Diggle but that may be a bit too far rangewise for a novice.

Post any replies, I will then get the guy to contact anyone able to help him if he has not seen the thread.

Thanks for your help.

A

Are there any groups of members in the north of England or southern Scotland who get together occasionally who could show this guy the ropes?. I have a feeling that some of you use Peter Jacksons range but I am not sure how far that is

If any lads are shooting a Peter Jackson I wouldn't mind tagging along if you will have me.

Best rgds

B-b

Im just 30 miles yonder from jacksons range but have never been, didnt even realise it was an open range i just though it was his own private playground!

However its abit of a trip but if you and your man want a day lang ranging on my patch you very welcome, very informal.... no roads to target zones and a rock for a bench, however if you man aint that confident he aint gonna have the big boys and their toys boomin away next to him, whilst hes learning the ropes!

Peters range is at the moment closed (unless private invite or BDS use)

I believe there may be plans to re open, but he had loads of problems with guys cocking things up at longer ranges, it wasnt worth the hassle.

If the chap is in the NE then Diggle at Oldham is possibly the best inroad.

BDS NE uses Otterburn quite alot, but he would have to join BDS first to shoot there on the range days.

Pickering Rifle club at Pickering has a 300 yard range that is nice, that may be too far east and south for him - I have contacts at all places mentioned if any are of use...

Peters range is at the moment closed (unless private invite or BDS use)

I believe there may be plans to re open, but he had loads of problems with guys cocking things up at longer ranges, it wasnt worth the hassle.

If the chap is in the NE then Diggle at Oldham is possibly the best inroad.

BDS NE uses Otterburn quite alot, but he would have to join BDS first to shoot there on the range days.

Pickering Rifle club at Pickering has a 300 yard range that is nice, that may be too far east and south for him - I have contacts at all places mentioned if any are of use...

Andy & Shrek

Geoff is helping me out, I have access to both Otterburn and Ponteland ranges through my club (subject to work shifts). On the land I have access to Im limited to 100 yard range tucked in the corner at the moment (Increasing horse population!!) and have not had an oppertunity to verify my exbal yet or even worse christen the new 223

If you know of any clubs that shoot the ranges up here regular then please PM me (Will chase up the BDS oppertunity)

Shrek you have PM

Thanks to both Geoff and Jamie for helping me out and the invites to head south to shoot

Cheers

Chester

Ronin,

Please clear some space in your inbox.

chester,

You are still welcome here but it is a hell of a way to dive.

Thanks

A

Geoff

if you are having a shoot at your place i will be up for coming down and plinking at different rangers.

ATB

Colin :lol:

Warcop is on Sat 11th and is down as a guest day if you can make it?

Family permitting I will be going, targets out to and beyond 1K.

Taking a few different calibres :)

Will clear some space from PM box (sorry)

Archived