carbon barrel sleave?

lambsey

ABS (Advanced barrel systems) has a good rep

WWW.carbonbarrels.com

Other than that Christensen Arms - not such a good rep.

From what I remember some of the mud slinging with Christensen allegedly was that they used factory turned down barrels and charged for custom. Don`t know if true or not just what I read.

The ABS barrels differ I think in bonding process and the way the carbon is wrapped.......and use quality tubes.

Edit to add: Remmington did a factory M700 for a short time with a Carbon Barrel.

Also as a european option Lothar Walther do a alloy sleaved tensioned barrel and as another thought PES and Brugger and Thomet do fully sleaved moderated barrels

David.

I'm kinda ignorant about barrel sleeving. I can understand it to a degree in a .22 rf but what is the advantage in a centerfire?

Surely if you turn down a barrel and sleeve it in carbon, wont it get hot and distort very quickly? :lol:

I'm kinda ignorant about barrel sleeving. I can understand it to a degree in a .22 rf but what is the advantage in a centerfire?

Surely if you turn down a barrel and sleeve it in carbon, wont it get hot and distort very quickly? :huh:

Carbon fibre is about 6 times stronger than steel by weight, by wrapping a steel core with carbon fibre you get a very stiff barrel, there fore you get all the advantages of a heavy barrel without the weight.

Best rgds

B-b

Archived