gamefair billy no mates

well the game fair was a fck up, the airguns were miles away from the gunmakers row which ment the airrifles suffered and when I eventually got to look around (like 6pm sunday eve) we rushed over to gunmakers row which took ages and half the stalls were wrapping up but the reminder seemed to say tthe same thing, that they had suffered because of it too

I didnt see anyone from this site so I must be billy no mates or they couldnt find the airgun section (proberbly billy no mates though)

I didnt get to get a ukv hat and didnt get to buy the bell&carlson stock I wanted (couldnt find any)

what did I buy?? 1000 primers

what did I here countless times???? sssciows miaate ow fur will this keel a wraabbit???? eeiii downt lyke this miate, eeei gotta sprin gon, its got fuer springs in miate aaand its dooin 25 fooott pownds

ok sir? have you ever shot one of these before? its the new 510 side lever, and before I could finish......ooright miate I know what eyes doin.....................

I stand still for a few mins........................wieres the safeti mate??? my reply.......its not on mate................. his reply its noot wiorkin miate.........thats because you havent cocked it.......................allwite mate I only shot shot goons befor miate

Same here silent, didnt meet up with anyone forgot my firearms tickets so couldnt buy any bullets etc etc! A long drive for 2 box's of lapua brass and some jb borepaste :b to be honest i didnt know what any of you fellas stands are so i didnt really have much chance of findin anyone, was havin enough trouble tryin to walk down gunmakers row without walkin into folk stoppin infront of me!! Maybe next year!

Silent,

We made a particular point of looking for the Airguns, but couldn't find them. I don't think that idea of putting every Tom, Dick or Harry in Gunmakers Row was a good idea, it would have been far better to split it up into two sections eg those actually selling guns or showing them and another row for the ancillaries eg Safaris, Clothing, footwear, etc. I was told that many stallholders had requested that if they were anything to do with shooting, they wanted to be on Gunmakers Row. If that was the case, why weren't the Airguns there?. Beats me!.

On the old site, there was an Airgun Village right at the top of Gunmakers Row and I thought it was an excellent idea, so why didn't they stick to that.

Sorry I missed you, mate

Peter

they had to move things around because of a festival that ruined the ground, on the way home leaving the site we were directed the old route out and ###### me did you see the damage to large parts of the field???????????????? it looked like it had been cultivated

what was a bad idea was that there was enoungh room to put gunmakers row where it normally is and that it normally means that when people walk gunmakers row they inevitabley end up in the airgun expo

instead of gunmakers row they stuck a f.... fair ground in it and a shed load of other wiered stuff so both firearms and airguns lost out from passing trade

for example my main interest is centre fire so I would spend any free time looking in gunmakers row however I would have gone into the airgun side looking for second hand scopes etc

but someone into airguns would also look in gumakers row for bargains that might get over looked centre fire users

certainly this was the response from several dealers in the gun makers row

as mentioned in my response to the "gamefair whos going" I would either be at the airarms stall or the promatic stand in the airgun side and thats where I was for about 90% of the day

myself and terry le chem were working both the speed shoot and leisure shoot where you paid £3 a go

simon cunday was doing the grand job of taking the money

you should here some of the stories we get told...............................oh yeh here's another to make you laugh............................you gun must be out mate coz my dad was a sniper and its in the blood

makes ya giggle to ya self when ya here that sorta crap, they insist they know it all so dont want help, then when they cant hit that which promotes growth and vigour the gun must be out so you check it in front of them and knock everything down they still the gun or target must be wrong ;)

tell ya what I did here about youtube.....................................a guy in the uk posted a vid and pics about him shooting (showed him shooting) he didnt have an fac and it was his mates (who was with him) and he got five years inside for it

havent seen it or read it myself as just been told about it so I will look it up to know for sure

Thats the Vendors life,Silent....

Lived that life in a E-450 cube van with a 1911 .45acp under my vest,and $10K cash under my pillow

for 8 months.Every weekend in a differant City or State.

After awhile of repeatin yourself so many times you just get so numb,

Feet hurt,Back hurt,from standin....No time to check out the things your

interested in...Food so tasteless that ya swear cardboard has a better flavor.

And they just cant make enough Guinness to make yourself as stupid as the people

ya have to deal with....Sometimes.

And its amazin how after days of checkin out stonefoxes,titties and camel toe....

You'll just settle for someone to rub your feet and talk dirty. ;)

308Panther

Ditto .........................................................

All except the 45acp under the pillow unfortunately ;)

In all honesty the organisers did a fantastic job and it was touch and go whether there`d be a show at times last week ;)

yeh gunmakers row look fantastic but did you see what the airgun side was like????????

guns next to the fun fair and pissed up chavs

they should have put all the guns together and then put all the other stuff together

the trade on the airgun side was slow, in the past it has been soooooooo busy that you cant see the other stalls

airarms werent selling except pellets and t shirts etc so they didnt get hit but (long story short is that other traders have been a bit pissed in the past at the fact that airarms have guns to sell and at special offer full kit prices whilst the stalls havent been able to get many to sell themselves due to the wholesalers limiting the despatch quantity so that all the retailer including the ones around the country not at the show can have a share)

Archived