Mule 4 Foxes 0

6mmBR

Well off down Andy's I popped yesterday to enjoy some shooting in the glorious sunshine.

This little write up I'm doing a bit backwards as I have quite a few photos and not enough time to write up the fabulous afternoons shooting we had, that is all to follow.

Any way the nights lamping was fabulous. We arrived at the chicken farm around 9 and picked up our ride, we packed out gear in the mule and Andy fired her up.

The night was clear and the temp had started to drop, I had high hopes of nailing a few more with the .20 TAC.

We drove around the sheds when Andy brought the mule to a halt 3 foxes were looking back at us.

Not one was shootable :(

One on the sky line, one behind a cow and the other slap bang infront of a shed full of chickens :o

Andy fired up the mule and tried to alter the angle on the one in the field of cows, I got my chance the fox face on to me at 150 yards, the little 40 Vmax never exited.

The other ones legged it, one of them crossing in front of me at around 80 yards, the shot was now safe so I gave the fox a wee bit of maintained lead and squeezed the trigger, I heard the plop and Andy said the fox had done a complete cart wheel on impact, on examination the fox was hit square on the shoulder.

We drove around a bit more and encounterd another on a stuble and gave a squeak and it held long enough for the shot, number 3 in the bag.

I must admit there was so much moisture in the air my poor rifle was soaked and it was hard keeping the lenses clear to shoot, so at 12.30 we thought we'd pack it in.

Anyway on the way back to the yard Andy had a hunch, he swung the mule in to a stubble field we had lamped earlier and there was charlie slinking down the hedge, a .20 caliber 40 Vmax spoilt his night.

So all in all an excellent nights shooting.

DSCF0843-1.jpg

I just couldn't believe the scale of this chicken farm there must have been pens stretched over 300 acres, Andy said they kill 5000 chickens on saturday and the same on Sunday :o to supply the organic food market, totally unbelievable.

Just think when your tucking into a chicken curry we may have saved it from the fox ;)

Any way thanks Andy for a great day, when I have some time tomorrow I will do our day time adventure some justice.

Suffice to say the war wagon is looking good :D

DSCF0833.jpg

Cheers

Dave

One happy Bunny there Dave , you forget to mention the Black Rabbit you head shot at 150yrds :D

Thats one hell of a rifle you got there I sure does the job :( .

Cant wait for the rest of the write up. :o

Look what I found round that pen with the dead chicks outside .

I gave him a bit of the old 17 in the lug hole, the other side of his face aint pretty, it aint pretty cuz theres nother there ;)

07092008207.jpg

You got to show the Pigoens from Yesterday :o

Well lads well done!!!!! ;)

You guys sound like you had a great time , and thats some nice view too!!!!

Nice setup on the back of the landie as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D;)

Hmmmmmmm recognize that orange tape wind flag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best........................

RAY........................................ :D;)

Archived