Hut Photos

ChrisF

Yeap ,

It gets Really windy , and its wired down into the piles ( wooden posts concreted into the ground ) , But it will also get 4 tie downs , one on each corner with posts concreted in at a angle , sort of like a tent .

Its lasted a few storms so far with out the tie downs , so once it has the tie downs , its not going anywhere .

And here in NZ its getting into winter , and the cup you see on the hatch is not a hot cup of tea ,its a cup of ice tea ( with ice in it ) .

We use a wide mouth SS thermos , to put ice tea into , & big bits of ice , to keep the drink cold ,

Want to use fold away table & bunks etc , so I can change the configuration , to suit the current , use , ie sleep out , shooting platform etc .

Cheers Guys

Out again at the hut , this time I brought a gun .

Ist kids lesson at the Hut , fire lighting & safety , ie only touch matches etc with adult , and build fire from small to big ( wood )

1st cooked meal using the wood stove , bacon , eggs , sausages ,

post-8385-0-63727600-1494130668_thumb.jpg

post-8385-0-06211900-1494130706_thumb.jpg

post-8385-0-42591200-1494130731_thumb.jpg

post-8385-0-39653000-1494130762_thumb.jpg

Yeap ,

Its a pretty good spot , only 20 mins from the small town I live in , and the other main feature is from the hut I get a really easy 860m , very safe ( and if I get permission from the neighbour then its a good to approx. 1600+ m .

The main 2 reasons for me , are

1 ) it gives me a little wet weather base to store tgts etc & also operate from .

2 ) Gives me a good outdoor spot to teach my young kids some basic bushcraft/outdoor skills etc , and for them to have a bit of adventure , and stay overnight ( sort of like camping/caravanning etc ) .

It will get more use in the warmer mths of cause , but will still get used in winter/rain etc .

Cheers Guys

Yeap ,

Loving it , thanks guys , I know how lucky I am , as last year had a Cancer scare , that puts everything in prespective , and I decided I needed to tidy up somethings , like up date will , power of attn etc , pay off debt & posn family for life without me .

My Family is more important than my life , I am an old fella , and I know none of us get out of this alive .

Thanks every one

• 3 weeks later...

You beat me to it (last post) I built one and had to insulate to protect my hearing,when I fired the rifle the noise was serious.The hut is the way to go thought,you are inclined to stay out for longer if you are out of the wind and weather,and you success rate goes up. Nice set up

Archived