home made door mout rest in action!:-)

skany

Hi guys

just a few pics of my new door rest for my vitara that i use for corvid/fox splating!

Its a bit agricultral(like me really!)

but it works a treat this was the second time its been out to play (the first time it was still warm from being welded!lol)

I had borowed a suction cup jobby form a kind board member but this is my take on a more permanent ridgid efort!

didnt have any luck today as nothing seemed to want to come within 600yds of my truck!( im sure they reconise it!)

for those that are intrested there is a 5mm plate welded to the door with captive bolts so it can be take on & off!(like i said agricultral)

Its that kinda truck lol

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b156/And.../xfgbfgbjpg.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b156/And...IMAG0140jpg.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b156/And...IMAG0133jpg.jpg

Andy

Looks good mate!!!! ;) ;)

How do you find it as a shooting platform for lamping and day time varminting???

Nice truck too!!!!!!!!!!! :D;)

Thanks for sharing and all the best.................

RAY.......................................... :D;)

Looks good mate!!!! ;) ;)

How do you find it as a shooting platform for lamping and day time varminting???

Nice truck too!!!!!!!!!!! :D;)

Thanks for sharing and all the best.................

RAY.......................................... :D;)

Hi ray

I have only fired 2 shots of it ray but its rock steady if i can brace my elbow well!

I had a crow at 237 yds with the first shot last week & missed a crow at 508 yds today!:-(

I really need to sort exball out better as i took off 3/4 moa & still put the shot a good 3" above it!:-(

Andy

Looks like a great idea Andy, how do you go in getting through gateways? ;)

Its always difficult shooting when your in the driving seat, pretty sure this device solves that problem - the mount looks like you can travel with the rifle outboard the vehicle in a cradle - is that correct?

If I am out in a vehicle I usualy have a mate driving and the shooter in the front passenger seat - swap about from there, or shoot from the rear step and roof.

Bet you could sell this idea - so long as it evolves from haveing to weld a bracket to the door skin!

Looks like a great idea Andy, how do you go in getting through gateways? :D

Its always difficult shooting when your in the driving seat, pretty sure this device solves that problem - the mount looks like you can travel with the rifle outboard the vehicle in a cradle - is that correct?

If I am out in a vehicle I usualy have a mate driving and the shooter in the front passenger seat - swap about from there, or shoot from the rear step and roof.

Bet you could sell this idea - so long as it evolves from haveing to weld a bracket to the door skin!

Hi Ronin

It kinda goes over gateways:-)(its about 16" higher then a normal vit)

yes mate u can chug about with it outside as long as ur not flooring it of course!;-)

it work real well when crow blasting as they seem to take less notice(alto i think they have sussed my truck on one farm)

its fairly well set up as i have lightforce tbar thru the roof & dual battery split charge setup for the lamps so i can fox alone if need be!

im gona make another for the otherside so i cna get a driver & shoot from there or a buddy can shoot to

the ideas been done plenty of times by differnt people this is just my "budget" take on it for a cheap ass shooting wagon

cheers Andy

Archived