DMQ / Trained Hunter status

Following changes to food hygiene regulations in 2005, holders of older DCS 1 certificates (coloured buff) were able to convert their certificate to include “trained hunter” status for large game. DMQ has announced that the facility to convert buff coloured DCS 1 certificates is to be withdrawn from 31st March 2009. No applications for conversion received after this date will be accepted.

All DSC 1 certificates issued since 1st January 2006 (coloured blue) indicate that the holder is also designated a “trained hunter” (for large game only) under the food hygiene regulations; these certificates are not affected by the withdrawal of conversions.

Any further applications up to 31st March 2009 should be addressed to DMQ, Marford Mill, Rossett, Wrexham LL12 0HL.

http://www.basc.org.uk/content/attention_all_deer_manage

well it looks like we are in for some more training lads/expense as i can see where this is heading ;)

ATB

Colin ;)

Yes and the certificated/competent rifle shooter to shoot on MOD and very quickly any other ranges is another little £10 plus per year earner for theNRA and others, then the FC and other land owners will want this on top of the level2 dmq for you to shoot on any land for anything and we have a nice circle for pushing people out of shooting and making more "jobs for the boys".

What happens when you elect a government full of teachers and local government officials, they only feel at home with certs and bags full of paper, costing loads of paper money :angry: so total support for this from them too.

Redfox

Whats a DCS 1 then ?????????

You would have thought they would have proof read it as it changes to DSC1 half way through.

Or have I missed something

I read your comments with interest, But i think we should look at the positives.

When the new meat hygine was introduced to Level1 we would have all been up in arms if we had to take a seperate test to upgrade our Level1 certificates, that would have been a money making machine, But instead, for a small administration fee the Level1 has been upgraded.

I know that alot of people are anti training, But if qualifications and insurances help us to keep our sport it cant be a bad thing.

Nobody seems to complain about taking a driving test and having insurance, so why is there such a problem with shooters, after all we are all supposed to be responsible people.

Cheers............

Keith.......................

If it was as simple as that Keith, no one would have a problem, but it isnt.

Some Like BASC and the NRA are looking constantly for ways to increase income ( and self importance) and some of the ways to do this are the ever increasing number of tests etc dream't up, then suddenly they are not a one time thing but need re-doing every 1,2,3 yrs to provide constant income and ( ensure the testers are still available).

In some small parts there is an element of sense, but most of it is as said above.

Incidentally I have all the old BDS certs and DSC1 and 2 as well, I knew it would quickly become mandatory to get on land anywhere by way of H&S legislation and landowner 's insurance companies.

But in the main they are fixing non existant problems, not that I dont agree with some training to shoot animals and use full bore rifles in the countryside. It could be so much more novice friendly though and shouldnt need to cost a fortune either.

Redfox

I find it strange, on the one hand we always line up BASC and the rest for a good kickin for trying to keep training self regulated but on the other we gladly roll over on our tummies and have them tickled by Police forces insisting we have DSC1 and a mentor before the new guys are allowed rifles when applying for an FAC.

Its quite simple in my mind, we either say F*%$k it we all need mandatory training and lobby for it, I don't think we will get much resistance from the authorities, as it will be just another mindless hurdle to cross before being granted an FAC and then pay REAL big bucks because we have too! Or we stop this in house bickering, join together and say no to those who overstep their authority, act illegally and apply conditions where their peers and betters [law makers] have decided, with the lobbying of BASC and others etc that we do not need these types of regulatory hoops to go thro. The law is the law and its good enough.

Just my 2cents

I've sent my £15 off today.

At first I was opposed but thinking it through maybe I can smell a rat in the future.

If the regulations are actively enforced how much will the future, maybe seperate, food hygiene course cost?

Will it remain part of the DSC 1?

My guess is it will be alot more than £15 so I view this as a wise investment.

Is the closing date to create a new slot for a required course?

I paid £85.00 for my Lantra Food Hygiene cert, that was before I realised it was included in my Level one cert :wub:

So I have 2 "qualifications" now for food hygiene so I must be a real good food hygieneologist :D so £15.00 aint bad.

The alternative is not to bother then when you want to sell a carcass to the GHE you will have to supply the red pluck with it, which in itself is a ballache.

As I guessed Rogern.

£15 sounds a right bargain.

What other courses can we dream up then................

Rumour has it that 'they' are already working on another money spinner :lol:

Not a DSC 3 ???

Are we going to end up like " now thats what I call music 89" or whatever number there on now :lol:

Or is it going to be a "DSC 1 part b" ?

You are not the only one Greenbear, me too!! If I still had it I reckon it might be worth a pound or 2!!

Your dead right - I am sure I was just purchasing a future investment, shame the cassette in the car ate it after about 100 plays :lol::lol:

I miss those crazy cassettes :lol::D

Archived