22.250 heavy gr loads

munkjack

Hi all I'm starting to reload for my 1in8 twist 22" barreld 22.250 and I need some starter points regards powder weights I've done some research and can only find limited info on heaver weight bullets,

If anyone who has quick load or similar could help it would be much apreciated!!

What I have to play with are 69gr siearra tmk , 75gr hornaday Amax and 80gr Amax and a tub of viht N140.

Thanks?

If you can broaden your horizons and choose a different powder, you can find a decent selection of loads. Hornady's Tenth Edition lists loads for eleven different powders for the 80 grain VM. Nosler's site has data for their 80 grain Custom Competition. The Lee manual lists a couple of Accurate Arms powders. Of course, these are US domestic sources and list powders readily available in the US. Still, there is no shortage of data. Just not (any ?) for N140. ~Andrew

N140 is a faster powder

Berger book has 75gr weight bullets for N150, 30gr to 33gr but that's not Amaxs

Hornady book shows N160 as an option, amongst others, for the 75gr amax

I would not be willing to speculate as to what would be a safe load in your rifle, all I can say is what works in mine

a reduced load for N140 over N150 would be sensible, and as I've stated mine isn't a hot load but it is getting up there, for my rifle

Duey

Archived