.204 Ruger case length

Mark Jones

Whilst I assume consistency is the key, and am happy to turn after every firing how long should I be trimming to, providing I'm keeping an eye on them would longer be better? Also do you just neck outside turn the once on new brass? Any trimmers/neck turners reccomended,

Many Thanks

Mark

Whilst I assume consistency is the key, and am happy to turn after every firing how long should I be trimming to, providing I'm keeping an eye on them would longer be better? Also do you just neck outside turn the once on new brass? Any trimmers/neck turners reccomended,

Many Thanks

Mark

Why are you wanting to neck turn 204 brass??

I used a Forster trimmer which will also neck turn. I trim to the length of the shortest length case in my LOT, or a few thou under MAX which ever is shortest. I never neck turn 204. My CZ Varmint punches 1/2 inch, five shot groups with 40 grain V-MAX.~Andrew

Why are you wanting to neck turn 204 brass??

I used a Forster trimmer which will also neck turn. I trim to the length of the shortest length case in my LOT, or a few thou under MAX which ever is shortest. I never neck turn 204. My CZ Varmint punches 1/2 inch, five shot groups with 40 grain V-MAX.~Andrew

Just starting reloading and looking at different aspects that can enhance accuracy and also find it interesting. My .204 is also shooting 0.5 MOA, as an engineer I can't seem to help but want to tinker!

That rifle is shooting .5 moa with mixed up cases of different manufactors. Trim them to length to make sure they fit in the chamber but buy some new cases and you will get it down to .25 moa.

Archived