irish lads

You will definatley have to do it through your local firearms dealer, at least I did anyhow.

its not a problem i sent my 25.06 to steve kershaw for a rebarrel to.270 i sent it through my local dealer ,i have a uk permit for the gun only problem i had was the change of cal ,my dealer had to get a import permit for the gun .if you have decided on what your doing move on it now as the a stock from mcmillan will take 6 months i ordered mine in late march was told it will be next month or there abouts ,the barrel can take 12 weeks from lother walther

it is a problem, you find me a UK courier that will take firearms to Eire.

The easiest way to get a gun to the UK, is to send it from a dealer in northern ireland. NI is classed as the british isles for post and couriers.

snap,

What rifle do you have? and what are you trying to make out of it?

Where are you located?

edi

how's it going,

i have a tikka m595 stainless synthetic, i use it mainly for foxingbut stalk as well and the odd target work to keep my eye in, in the summer.

i was looking to get alot of work done but unfortunately the budget just doesn't cut it.......

So rebarrel it with something decent, extend it to 24 inches fluted and screw cut, plus bed the action and put a tactical bolt handle on it.......hopefully

and change from a 1 in 10 twist to a 1 in 9.......

So not alot really........................ :lol:

how's it going,

i have a tikka m595 stainless synthetic, i use it mainly for foxingbut stalk as well and the odd target work to keep my eye in, in the summer.

i was looking to get alot of work done but unfortunately the budget just doesn't cut it.......

So rebarrel it with something decent, extend it to 24 inches fluted and screw cut, plus bed the action and put a tactical bolt handle on it.......hopefully

and change from a 1 in 10 twist to a 1 in 9.......

So not alot really........................ :lol:

Sorry, I forgot you had posted that already.

suggestion, start with a stock while the deer season..

if you find a second hand laminated stock you could try fit it to your self.

Add pieces on and remove others until it fits you perfect. Most stocks won't fit lefty's well anyway.

The laminated stock can even be cammo painted and pillar bedded afterwards if wanted.

You might find that your rifle is more accurate than you thought.

While messing around you still have your synthetik for stalking.

Save a few bob for the rebarrel. Maybe ask Mervin Jeffers if he would send your rifle to UK.

He charges around 50 Euro for the paperwork + transportcost, maybe another 50.

If there are no couriers to the UK, get it rebarreled in Germany. Hermes will post.

edi

Archived