Hornady ELD Bullets

The Badger

They appear to work as good, if not better than the A-MAX they replaced :). Almost all of the ELD's I've stock have sold out within days and I haven't heard a bad word yet.

I'll be watching a couple of thousand go down range later this week past the 1K mark; so will be interesting to see first hand how they fair through the transonic region.

I will state from the outset my bias as I am sponsored by Hornady.

BUT I have found the 285 ELDs to perform much better through the transonic zone than the 285 Amax or BTHPs and the BTHPs are better than the Amax.

The 6.5 140s show a marginal improvement and I have pushed them to 1820yds with the swede.

I've not had the same success with the .30 208s but am still working with them.

Mike

The first batch I had shot well with the same load as the A max but the second lot when they changed the translucent colour didn't. It was more than just the colour they changed I'm sure the shape changed as well. The BC also went up. Loads of load testing and I got the shooting again.

I've now shot the 162 ELDs out past 1600 yards with good results.

Alco:180g 7mm bullets G1 BC .82 $84/100

7mm 208g BC .95......

The aluminum tip increases BC (well,as does most any such tip,even plastic),and it 'promotes excellent expansion in game'-experience alone can test that out.

...Interesting BC claims; I may have to retire from shooting or mathematics-they are approaching an asymptote of mutual incompatibility,ever since bullets shot like lazers (no BC-just straight).

:-)

gbal

Tisme

Did I see on another forum that you import ALCO bullets

http://www.alcobullets.com

I have just watched a Tiborsaurus Rex vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVgNyZAB6dQ which seems to suggest they are outstanding.

very expensive by the looks of things though - how do they compare?

Yep I brought some over all 308. I couldn't get any real speed out of them compared to bergers

tisme,

well,pity maybe...but thanks ....I can keep math as a hobby (Les-or maths as several hobbies) and retain shooting as a hobby horse!

And Bryan and Bergers remain in business.Win ,Win.

Perhaps god is on the side of those who shoot and talk straighter ( Voltaire,who did neither consistently,just like the rest of us!)

gbal

Archived