MP3 Player for calling foxes?

I was at my local game fair today and was sniffing about a stall that had one of those u- callers and the external speaker, I had seen these on the web and had been considering one but I got the guy to give me a demo of it and while the volume was pretty good sound quality was poor and I reckon at 300 yards it would just sound like someone was making an unholy racket, also the one he was showing me had a defect in the sound card, it would barely fit in the slot and needed slammed home and it was skipping on one of the calls, needless to say this put me right off it. The girlfriend them come up with a good point of why not get some call sounds and put them on my mp3 player, I have a good external speaker which is quite loud and as its a high end player sound quality is top notch. Anyone tried this? Where could you obtain some good call sounds from? I still cant part with the money for a fox pro as good as they are its just a serious money for a call.

Hi Craigyboy, I'm new to this forum, so lets see if this works.

I've collected a few calls from the net and put them on a CD once.

The CD player was just too heavy to drag around, a MP3 player would be ideal.

Up to now I wasn't impressed with these digital callers with the nasty sound quality.

Foxes seem to be reluctant to come in close, interested but wary.

I could mail you some of the calls and you can let me know what speaker or amp

to get for a MP3 player. egraef@eircom.net

edi

Up to now I wasn't impressed with these digital callers with the nasty sound quality.

Foxes seem to be reluctant to come in close, interested but wary.

edi

I can absolutely guarantee that you would not be disappointed with the sound quality on any of the Foxpro callers :D

I have listened to friends foxpro and it is spot on, I have a Johnny Stewart with the digital cards which is pretty good but the wires and plugs are a bind to conect the speaker up, next one will be a foxpro.

Redfox

I can absolutely guarantee that you would not be disappointed with the sound quality on any of the Foxpro callers :D

Have to agree 100% with shootingbags i was licky enough to win a foxpro in one of the draws on this site guarented they are quite costly , i have had a fair few fox's now with this call , of course certain times of year they just dont respond , but the foxpro is so versatile i have used mine to atract crows on the local farm to good effect the amount of diferent calls stored on them is very good , plus they can be downloaded from the site ,or gary can customise your call to your own requierments if you wanted

Archived