ATACR Enhanced C553 - MOAR ret

FOR SALE: ATACR 5-25x56 Enhanced .250 MOA, digillum, power throw lever - NF item code C553

This scope is brand new, still boxed and has not been mounted. All the goodies which come from the factory with the scope are included in the sale and have not been removed from the box. I have only opened the box to confirm that there is indeed a scope within it and that it is functional.

The scope has been with me just over a week (the one I previously had for sale developed a fault on the digillum which had been over-looked when sent for repair, and this is its new replacement).

If anyone is interested in a literally new ATACR please get in touch.

£1800 posted, reduced from £2,000

post-11277-0-51273600-1473099957.jpg

post-11277-0-65200100-1473099976.jpg

Chris, what's your experience (hunting) of FFP compared to using SFP on your NXSs? PM if you get a chance as I don't want to hijack this topic. I'm moving from my 243 to a 6.5 rugar Precision as my deer lease regularly exposes me to shots from 5-600 yards +. This scope appears to have a great reputation but I conflicted between NXS and the ATACR.

(At the risk of rewarding a hijack), I have no experience at all with FFP scopes and more particularly, have -zero- need for them.

Modern shooters use rangefinders so there is no case for one on a hunting rifle IMHO.

Either NXS or ATAC-R would fit the bill for a still stalking rifle if weight was of no concern but I wouldn't want to be humping either, especially the ATAC, up any big hills like we have here. I have a Z5 3.5-18 for my .280AI but use a little 2.5-8 VX3 on my short Bush Pig stalking rifle for most of my deer shooting. It's death to deer under 300yds but I prefer the Ackley with dialing Z5 for any further.

I'd personally go the Z5 way rather than a Nightforce on a deer gun. The single turn on mine gets me to over 700yds with a 200yd zero and that's plenty for me. The optics are brighter than the Nightforces in very poor light, ie when you often need it! I shot one at just over 300yds recently- was in perfect detail at 18X despite not being able to see it virtually at all with my naked eyes.

Hi Chris, thanks for advice. I don't know where I got the idea of FFP for this scope from.

Weight is not an issue. the concensus received so far from other hunters is that this is a great scope. The price tag is a significant obstacle, so I'm still in limbo.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived