Shooting Records (log)

Brillo

A shooting colleague has been told by his FEO that he will not accept unwitnessed shooting records, and even worse won't accept the log an NRA member keeps on the NRA shooting database.

My understanding is all that is required is that a shooter needs to keep a log of their shoots and if that needs verifying the FEO can confirm this with club records.

I keep a spreadsheet listing date, venue, event and firearms used. My FEO was happy with this.

What's the consensus on this?

Is NRA his primary club? If so, he should speak to them and they can confirm their records are sufficient.

My FEO started asking for reloading logs a while back. I don't think they are required either. The only time I've been asked to produce shooting or attendance records was one year when I switched my primary club which resulted in my old club submitting a null return, incorrectly making it look like I hadn't been shooting all year.

I suspect they are just making things up as they go along to try and make life difficult or because they are being lent on from above.

The problem is that when they make things up as they along and we tell them they are incorrect, the resultant delay can be very long.

I can't find anything anywhere that says shooting attendance records must be witnessed, but it would nice if that was documented somewhere.

My .22lr shooting is recorded at the club every time I shoot, however my full-bore shooting is not regulated as so. Dudley have never had a register for HWRA shoots, however I'm sure Harry keeps a log of who shoots - the rifle/serial is not recorded though.

I've never recorded it myself except for my plotting cards show what i used and when.

When load Developing at non-club venues (such as minsterley) I don't have any record of shooting there either.

I guess I should put a spreadsheet together...

Archived