12th time loading brass

sean223

After 12 reloads I would imagine the brass is work hardened so may need annealing to bring the necks back

The body and shoulders will have less spring back compared to new even after the necks are annealed so yes you may have to adjust your die slightly to compensate

Yes the brass has been annealed throughout. I've noticed that I've had to adjust the die in a bit. The primer pockets are starting to go, I've been binning the ones that's bad as I go. Cheers for that.

12 times, good effort, What brand of brass are you using? I have had 8/9 from my .308 Lapua but after that the primer pockets go around then like your has. Are you going to anneal them? I haven't tried this before but is it worth annealing before this point or does one cycle through the machine bring the necks back regardless of how far along they are along becoming work hardened.

After 12 firings I'd just chuck it.......

I think your right, I've got my money's worth.

Am using Labua brass. The brass was annealed after every second fire. Up until now I've noticed very little difference in loading. Primer pockets start to go after the 10th fire, but I chucked them as I went, maybe only 10 cases binned at this stage. The necks have remaned good throughout.

Archived