drone zero

swagger700

Hi out last night and missed 2 fairly straightforward fox's maybe 200 ish yards, had a shot at a rabbit and bullet strike was more than a ft high

I normally shoot with no illuminater on top of the drone.. Could this of altered poi ?? Last week it shot half inch groups when checked zero. Will get out to check tonight cos it's wrong time of year to have a problem !

Jon

Would not think where you have ir would make any difference when someone posts about drone losing zero nine times out of ten it's because something has come loose check all the little screws that hold front lense and mount

Lee

As said above Jon. My mates did exactly the same - we found the screws to be loose in the collar between the body & the front lens. We found this by gently feeling for movement in each part whilst the scope was fitted to his rifle, once nipped up the zero returned !!

My mk1 had a loose lense in the doubler easy fix when I found it . As every one ellse said plus your rail, stock to action fit and mod good luck and do please lett us know how you get on.

The IR will make no difrance as point of aim is the same in day light.

If you get stuck ring Carl at night vision gear uk he put me rite.

Tried rifle last night and zero was ok tried 2 batchs of factory Norma and various other things off bag.. And off wing mirror still around same zero.no loose screws on the drone, will check lense tonight and rail, stock etc. Out last night missed fox again over the top might be me maybe on a bad run!!

Jon

Hi Jon

Only you know if it's fox fever I still get adrenaline even now but I guess that's part of the fun for me , take the drone off the rifle and handle it if there's something lose you should feel it with a little shake front lense is a fair lump for those little screws and retaining ring, just a worry it seems to perform when it doesn't matter !

Lee

Don't think it's fox fever, it's bloody nightmare felt like hoying rifle into hedge!!. Nowt worse than rifles for doing your head in and then losing confidence. Have another look tonight

Jon

Archived