Help with bullet drop please

Steyr,

Cartridge,bullet weight, BC,muzzle velocity (include barrel length if not 24"),and zeroed distance (200 easiest)......then some indications of drop are easier to give .....does it have to be 750y,rather than say,500,600, 800y,1000?

Don't Burris give a long list of cartridges/performance data which you can use by choosing the data closest to your (PPU)load-Burris probably won't have thr PPU european loadings-but something similar in bullet weight,BC,and muzzle velocity ...then you use that code to input.

you should get close at short range (hunting)-but for reasonable precision at distances,the data have to be a good fit....and BC really matters ...PPU hunting bullits don't have a good BC compared to equal weight match bullets....and it shows.) I don't recognised your given 300 data (no cartride etc)... :-)

gbal

Steyr,

Cartridge,bullet weight, BC,muzzle velocity (include barrel length if not 24"),and zeroed distance (200 easiest)......then some indications of drop are easier to give .....does it have to be 750y,rather than say,500,600, 800y,1000?

Don't Burris give a long list of cartridges/performance data which you can use by choosing the data closest to your (PPU)load-Burris probably won't have thr PPU european loadings-but something similar in bullet weight,BC,and muzzle velocity ...then you use that code to input.

you should get close at short range (hunting)-but for reasonable precision at distances,the data have to be a good fit....and BC really matters ...PPU hunting bullits don't have a good BC compared to equal weight match bullets....and it shows.) I don't recognised your given 300 data (no cartride etc)... :-)

gbal

Sorry .308 and 150g bullet

Yes i suppose i could match the data of a listed manufacturer to the ppu bullet might be easier to just pay the extra for the listed ammo and save all the headache even if it is twice the price

Cheers S

John,some commercial data PM-ed....which should help (tho' BC matching is important beyond 250 yards)- or buy some ammo that Burris lists and have an Eliminator program for (won't do PPU).

I'd be interested how you find the dot-fine for close deer (where it really isn't needed ballistically) but could it be sensibly used for far away bunnies- I'm wondering if it might be too big,and just blot them out-not best for precision!

Good luck with the installation,and use.

g

Archived