McMillian Stocks

I think direct will be the best bet. at least it will cut out the middle man and alot of the cost!

cheers for the replies guys.

If you can find something that suits from the internet specials on the Mac site you may well find something cheaper than normal.

However dont expect to get discount from Mcmillan, unless of course you are buying twenty or more stocks in one go.

When you recieve your stock in the UK (be it a special or custom order) you will get stung with VAT and Duty and "handling fee", which brings the price to nearly the $ to £ conversion you pay here.

I buy quite a few stocks both from Mac and other composite makers.

I now by my Mcmillans from Peter Jackson in the UK as they work out cheaper to me in the UK than I get them from the US.

If you know someone in the trade, and Peter has a stock you want, get them to buy it for you.

Unfortunately he only deals with trade accounts these days.

Where can you get the McMillan stock cheaper than from normal retail here? and how much are they for say an A5

hi -

you have a few options on your plate.

have a look here and see if you can find a stock you like http://www.jacksonrifles.com/ if you do give me a cal and i will send for one for you. they work out about the same as importing one yourself,

if you go down the route of going direct to MC Milan add £50 to a normal stock, and $60 delivery. and you will soon see that the trade are not riping anyone off.

i have sent for a few stocks from MC Milan and every one has been happy, as i get trade and only charge the same price as you would get charged. About £350

i have not sent for a A5 but i can tell you they will be more expensive and there is a longer waiting list for them.

all so have a look on there specials list you may get lucky.

and Jackson rifles sends for 200 a time so he may have one on the shelf or due in September.as i say there are more options than just going for the ill informed (go direct )

ATB

Colin :blink:

Gav, now that my final invoice and duty/VAT bill is confirmed I can further my PM from yesterday, here are the price savings ordering from McMillan.

The stock is a HTG adjustable

Stock $563

Freight $75

Total $638 converted to £'s that's £326

I then paid

Duty £8.80

VAT £58.59

Clearance fee £13.50 total is £ 80.89

A grand total of £406.89

On Jackson Rifles site I can only find the McMillan M40A1 which I believe is the exact same stock and it's priced at £466 trade, so I have saved myself £60 but I have had to wait four months for the stock.

If I were doing it again I would follow Ronin's and Cols advice and buy from the UK, providing you can get a stock in the configuration you want.

The price listed on Peters site is SRP not trade price - thats a bit less ;)

Archived