Roof Mounted Lightforce Instructions

Grouse

Have got a new landrover now which has a roof mounted lightforce lamp in it, however I think there is a part missing from inside it.

I have put these lamps into vehicle roofs before but have lost the instruction sheet showing all the component parts.

Does anyone have a spare installation instruction sheet or could copy one for me please?

Have a look here the pictures might answer your questions.

http://www.lightforce.net.au/images/OCT02.pdf

Thnks for that Eldon, unfortunately it doesn't help me really. I think I have a washer or something missing in the "T" bar handle part because when I tighten the knurled ring up to lock the lamp in a specific position it is still sloppy.

The previous owner also coated everything in grease which made for jerky scanning with the lamp, have degreased it today with clutch cleaner and its much smoother now.

Just need to get the tightening issue sorted out now!

Cheers

Hi Nightwalker

Just a thought, but have you tried e-mail Lightforce.

Sure they would be only too glad to help, worth a try anyway :blink::D

I have got a brand new one stuck in a cupboard somewhere but unfortunatly i'm on my hols as from tomorrow, if you've get no joy, PM me and I'll dig it out when I get back and hopefully we can sort it out for you. ;)

Cheers Steve

I had the same issue when i got my lamp and fitted it. My mates lamp at the time had a big washer that looked like a ninja throwing star sorta thing. Mine didnt, i assumed it was how nightforce now made them untill three years later my other mate (yeah i have two of them) got and fitted one. His did have the ninja star washer thingy magiga so i assumed it was just missing out of my lamp kit. Again another friend bought and fitted a new kit and he didnt have the washer thing. Dont know what the hell LF are up to but i suspect there QC is crap.

Ads

I found NF Australia very helpfull when I was putting a 240 onto a suction roof bar, the UK retailers said it could not be done yet it was on the front cover of the NF Australia catalogue. Peter P----- is the guy, cant remember the rest of his name but he is a good guy.

A

Thanks sakoboombastic! thats just what I was after!!

Only problem is now is that my lamp hasn't got anything missing but still cannot tighten the "seats" together on the metal ball to stop the wind from blowing it around when a shot is to be taken!

Still a mystery!

:D

Thanks sakoboombastic! thats just what I was after!!

Only problem is now is that my lamp hasn't got anything missing but still cannot tighten the "seats" together on the metal ball to stop the wind from blowing it around when a shot is to be taken!

Still a mystery!

;)

Between the knurled tensioner and the roof is a multi-pointed star shaped locknut [which is not shown on the drawing] , without it I'm afraid you'll forever stay floppy.

Pete.

Blackwolf supplies sent me a diagram like Sakoboombastics, but as you say, the ninja throwing star thing was shown on it.

The next question is where do I get one from? My last roof mount didn't have one of these and I could tighten the knurled ring to stop the wind blowing it all over the shop?

Any suggestions? In practical terms what does this star thing do?? Can I make one up??

Blackwolf supplies sent me a diagram like Sakoboombastics, but as you say, the ninja throwing star thing was shown on it.

The next question is where do I get one from? My last roof mount didn't have one of these and I could tighten the knurled ring to stop the wind blowing it all over the shop?

Any suggestions? In practical terms what does this star thing do?? Can I make one up??

It locks the lamp and stops the whole lot rotating when you work the handle. I perhaps should say it locks your knurled tensioner to your preferred tension and stops the whole lot falling apart in use. Shouldn't be too difficult to knock one up out of wood, plastic or aluminium I would have thought.

Pete

Archived