Hydro-graphic Coating

Anyone have any experience of these coatings / dips? I need to refinish a rifle that is being rebarreled at the moment, I would probably have everything except the 'scope done as I sometimes change 'scopes from one weapon to another. Do these finishes stand up to normal / heavy use? Anyone have any other ideas? I'm not sure whether to go for a camo patern or plain matt OG. Thanks, JC

Anyone have any experience of these coatings / dips? I need to refinish a rifle that is being rebarreled at the moment, I would probably have everything except the 'scope done as I sometimes change 'scopes from one weapon to another. Do these finishes stand up to normal / heavy use? Anyone have any other ideas? I'm not sure whether to go for a camo patern or plain matt OG. Thanks, JC

have a look here

http://ukvarminting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=624

Hydrographics do a very good job and was more than pleased with the glossed gold carbon fibre finish on my RPA.I am very careful not to rough treat my rifles out in the field so cant speak for durability under rough handling etc but I am well happy and cost was £115 posted.Personally I would say they would stand up to normal use.Onehole Canon20006-July2008PapsGuernseyW-2.jpg

Guest northernchris

Cheers Pete

Wayne (unoffical applicator but very good and reasonable prices ) or James (offical applicator and very good ) are the boys to talk to about if people want Duracoat done,i have done parts,actions etc etc for clients rifles which have turned out real nice as some of "boys" have seen but not enough time in the day to do any extra work at the mo :blink:

Maybe I have missed something but I thougth that Hydro Graphics were a Uk set up that had been dipping mainly air weapons in Realtree etc patterns.

Dura-coat are a US set up with Kal acting as main Uk agent, their patterns are different from Realtree etc and is the system not a spray/bake on as opposed to Hydro Grapics who I thought dipped their products into some sort of tank to transfer the patterns.

Are the two now the same then ?, the thread started asking about Hydrograpics then moved to Duracoat.

A

As I understand it Alicydon

Hydrographics use a wet dip coating process - a sheet of film with the pattern is applied to the material to be coated (gun, scope, knife whatever you want)

Duracoat, Gunkote, etc is a spray application, which is baked on at low temp.

Two different processes.

The original thread was about Hydrographics, not any other process.

Do these finishes stand up to normal / heavy use? Anyone have any other ideas?

Interpret that anyway you like I guess, I took it as ' are there any other options to hydro graphics' hence the Duracoat link.

I feel suitably rebuked.

Hydrographics do a very good job and was more than pleased with the glossed gold carbon fibre finish on my RPA.I am very careful not to rough treat my rifles out in the field so cant speak for durability under rough handling etc but I am well happy and cost was £115 posted.Personally I would say they would stand up to normal use.Onehole Canon20006-July2008PapsGuernseyW-2.jpg

The carbon fibre inish looks very good.

Dave

I was certainly not trying to rebuke anyone, I thought maybe they had merged.

Beauty is very much in the eye of the beholder, for me the good quality walnut or wood laminate is nicest to the eye followed by McM swirl patterns in green & black.

A

I was certainly not trying to rebuke anyone, I thought maybe they had merged.

Beauty is very much in the eye of the beholder, for me the good quality walnut or wood laminate is nicest to the eye followed by McM swirl patterns in green & black.

A

A bit like this one of mine perhaps:P6220015.jpg

Archived