Meopta Meostar 3-12 with illuminated 4C ret .

Aussie Foxer

AF

I have this model

After considerable searching for a 'reasonably' priced good quality scope, and testing and comparing 5/6 alternative scopes with the illuminated red-dot reticule,.. I opted to shell out my pennies and purchased the Meopta rather than save up that little bit longer for the Swaro, S&B or Khales.. The glass is quite superb on the Meopta, the tracking is spot-on and it's as rugged as you could wish; no 'bleed' in the dot reticule and crisp to the edges with brilliant resolution.

In low light I put the bins (Opticron Natura) down and just use the scope because it gives far greater light.. I have noticed a few different comparison tests (particularly on the US sites) where all sorts of details are compared with the scopes and this Meopta figures very favourably, even up against the above mentioned and probably more well known European 'big-boys'

The only gripe I have is the larger than average ocular bell housing. Problem being I have it on a standard T3 and the scope/ocular bell housing sits forward atop the rifle (for eye-relief) and bell housing sits very close to the rear optilock base because of the circumference. I could easily solve the issue by raising the scope by using medium sized optilock mounts, instead of the low optilock I currently use, thereby enabling the bell housing to clear the rear base - a minor issue ;) .

I speak only from personal experience and find the scope remarkable quality for the price I paid for it. It's a pity because these days a new Meopta has jumped up in price considerably in the UK and what was once a 'best kept secret', to all but the well informed, is now pretty much common knowledge (as price-hike demonstrates) :( ..I heard some time ago Meopta was the 'big-boys' little bother?..Personally, and in my experience it's grown up, big time!

Highly recommend

Good luck and ATB

AF

I have used it with devastating results. I will also add that being the price at what you can purchase it, it's one hell of a good deal (often double the price here for this spec in the UK)

I had 3 older Meopta's and my intention on my last purchase was to go that 'step-up in quality' and buy a make that had more kudos and reputation (ego at range, perhaps?). However, following bog-standard testing different makes and models, I opted for an additional Meopta because it was a practical and cost saving purchase for me. I hunt primarily alone so I wasn't going to be showing it off to anyone but myself - no maker kudos required as long as it met my hunting needs.

At least for my eyes and, again this is just from a personal perspective for the price/quality aspect, the Meopta won hands down. It cost me over £800, but this price was far more pocket-friendly than the £1700 I was tempted to save for the Swaro

Unless you want to compare the top high-end makes/models against the Meopta through a analytical NASA laboratory test, for low-light foxing the Meopta with that spec will easily meet all your needs

ATB

Archived