i think she turned out nice.

Hi all

don't know if anyone is interested but i thought i would show you all one we have just completed.

A bit of speck first

.260 REM on a short action.

Lawton M7000 is a hunting or varmint action,and is available in long or short, the action is all so available with a fluted bolt for about £30 ish pound.the action the customer chose was a short action, with a 243 bolt face,fluted bolt, and this type of action uses the same foot print as a stock rem action,so parts you would think would be easy to source.

this is what they look like in the raw,but the one we put together was in S/S

8000_s_30_pg.jpg

on the reamer side of things i sent off a dummy case with a bullet seated to where i wanted it, to PTG,to insure the action would feed and eject a complete round.

Arnold jewel trigger top safety

Lothar Walther standard Sporter #1300 super match grade,S/S finished at 19" 1 in 8 twist.

20 MOA picatinny rail

Joe Russel stock, 14.5 lop, decelerator pad"bedded" then sanded down and satin lacquer finished by myself.(it had a lot of coats)

and here is the finished rifle.

112_1264.jpg

112_1265.jpg

112_1266.jpg

hope you lot like it.

ATB

Colin :rolleyes:

Looking good Col!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes::P

Shall look forward to hearing how she shoots!!!!!!!!

All the best.......................

RAY................ :D:wacko:

Something about laminate that appeals to me, especially in a hunting / varmint rifle.

Altogether very nice, once it gets to the customer, would like to hear how it shoots if your "man" is aggreeable.

Your right there Col shes a beauty :P , a cracking job :wacko: , is it free to good home :D

hi -

we put it together for a customer,and he will be picking it up form his local gunsmith some time this week.

but it would be nice if we could do them for free, :rolleyes: but it wasn't that much to build it up any way. not when you look at the price of sakos new and other makes of rifles.

ATB

Colin :huh:

Something about laminate that appeals to me, especially in a hunting / varmint rifle.

Altogether very nice, once it gets to the customer, would like to hear how it shoots if your "man" is aggreeable.

hi ronin

the rifle has been with his - who is an RFD for a week, but he has not picked it up yet, but his - shot it and he says the first 3 shots could be covered by a 5p bit. so with a bit of home loading it should be a Good one.

i will ask for some test targets and if he supply's me with some then i will post them up for all to see.

as for the laminate stocks i do like to see them my self, and i have opted to put one on a sako 579 in 6x47 i have for sale, but i need to finish the stock as i did on this one,(customers rifles all ways come first)

ATB

Colin :rolleyes:

the rifle has been with his - who is an RFD for a week, but he has not picked it up yet, but his - shot it and he says the first 3 shots could be covered by a 5p bit. so with a bit of home loading it should be a Good one.

ATB

Colin :D

Looks very sweeeeet ;) Sounds like it's a good one already Col B)

Steve

Archived