6.5-06 reamer

264wm

Has anyone got a 6.5-06 finish reamer for sale?

I am building a one on a Ruger no1 with a 28" tube.

Was hoping to get about 3000fps with a 140gn bullet.

Anyone have any load data they would be prepared to share would be appreciated..

regards

N

Swarovski1 would be worth an ask for load data, I believe he had a 6.5-06.

Peter Serony did mine, armalon .he may sell you the reamer.imho is is a superb round, I could run 140gr loads around 2950fps on a 26 inch barrel but that was probaly its limit, I slowed it down to around 100fps to work as a repeater, you would soon get a stiff bolt after a few shots running at max, if its just a one shot kill load then you will be fine, ive got hundreds of fire formed norma brass thats done 7 or 8 firings.if you want them cover the postage and there yours.ive some federal too,i got redding delux fl and neck die with seater that I will hold on too, I just ran the 270 norma through the die and they were perfect.£25 per hundred once fired is a bargin, it shot everything like a laser bar 120gr nos bal tips that would easily reach 3300fps , I tried everything to make them shoot, gave up, ive loads of recipes, 130gr vlds,140gr nos cc's,140gr amaxs,140gr hybids,142gr smks, I must say beware of the published data available,starting low still gave me some real hot loads, anything you want to know just ask, mine has done over 2200 firings now and still shooots well, I had a 400yd bunny tuesday then the crow who thought it had a free lunch lol, I had 4 cubs with consecutive shots a couple of weeks ago from 400yds, when barrel gets hot in recent club days I am getting fliers now, its off for a 284 win rebarrel very soon.

N160 is stable at 48.5grs in winter conditions.summertime you would find a stiff bolt will start.imo not the best powder for it.rel 19 is good but H4831sc and H4831 really works.i have some now but never thought of trying is reloader 17.going by how it helps other cartridges performances 3200 fps with a 140 grainer would be achievable.

I did up my loads as throats grown to keep velocities up.originally 48.5grs of H4831sc would hold around 2850fps with 140 grainer.now I use 51.5grs to keep it there.last chronograph reading with 140gr amaxs was 2828fps.i am sure it would easily do another 1.5grs before primers will flatten.brass life has been really good.i used cci br'2s until maybe 500 shots ago.ran out and started on s&b primers.never noticed a difference.

I think it was imr4350 that I loaded on minimum load of 45 or 46grs going by sierra data that exceeded the velocity of there stated max load of something like 51grs with the 142gr smks.its really good repeater.them cartridges glide through the T3 action flawlessly.never had one miss feed.with the no 1 you no worries on mag feeding.if you have it long throated you can seat the bullet out and have the extra powder room.mine was saami spec which is probaly why i found early days the loads were hot.alot of data showed oals longer than i had room for.most of the bullets shot best 30 to 40 off.never tried them up close.the bergers shot real well.when I used up the last of the 130gr vlds they were jumping 90 thow at mag length and shot 5 shot ragged hole at 100yds.

Brownells UK is advertising the reamer for @ £129 ($105 Brownells USA) http://www.brownells.co.uk/epages/UK.sf/en_GB/?ObjectID=12314&ViewAction=FacetedSearchProducts&SearchString=6.5-06+finish+reamer&ICShowAllFacets=1&SearchButton=&SearchButton=

It isn't the sort of thing many people have in their workshop really, so unless you can find a friendly gunsmith it's going to be a bit expensive to tool up.

G

Brownells UK is advertising the reamer for @ £129 ($105 Brownells USA) http://www.brownells.co.uk/epages/UK.sf/en_GB/?ObjectID=12314&ViewAction=FacetedSearchProducts&SearchString=6.5-06+finish+reamer&ICShowAllFacets=1&SearchButton=&SearchButton=

It isn't the sort of thing many people have in their workshop really, so unless you can find a friendly gunsmith it's going to be a bit expensive to tool up.

G

That price might have changed somewhat after the referendum, but I still begrudge paying £130 for a reamer when their only $130 in the US. Clymer will send me a reamer $135 inc +p&p,ok there will be duty to pay but i'm still a long way off £130.

That price might have changed somewhat after the referendum, but I still begrudge paying £130 for a reamer when their only $130 in the US. Clymer will send me a reamer $135 inc +p&p,ok there will be duty to pay but i'm still a long way off £130.

How do you figure that?

$135 for the reamer

Say $20 at least for usps shipping

$155 is £116 currently

Add the VAT @ 20% and the Parcelforce clearance fee of £8 and you are at £147

How do you figure that?

$135 for the reamer

Say $20 at least for usps shipping

$155 is £116 currently

Add the VAT @ 20% and the Parcelforce clearance fee of £8 and you are at £147

Maths was obviously not my strong subject at school, but if you calculate it using the Scottish Pound.......... :D

However clymer quoted me $135 inc P+P which was at the time £90..send it to my Daughter in Newfoundland and she posts it on to me..

N

Archived