.204 Ruger. Through the Ages

It's fair to say I have a sweet spot for the .204

It started when I shot Dominic Byrne's semi custom rifle. Not long after I had one of my own, a T3 SuperVarmint, Vortex Viper and T8AR

IMG_0241_zpsqkd5nen4.jpg

She shot like a laser but it didn't take long before I made a few upgrades, Robertson Tactical stock and Nightforce NXS

2c9fc79b-ac0b-48bd-9663-860f106d168e_zps

Now the SuperVarmint was super accurate but also super heavy. So she was sold and time to go semi custom. T3, Krieger 24" barrel, Etac stock, - bottom metal and other bits and bobs. Topped off with a S&B Klassik and DPT mod

A3E6EA00-B343-499F-8E09-AEAC3576E673_zps

Over time the tactical/hunter look wore off me and I felt like somethings new. So here's the latest creation, a Sako 75, Krieger 22" barrel, Swaro z6 and MAE T12 scout.

6970B75C-349E-44A4-B0CC-BDA7BCC5358E_zps

That's me satisfied for a long time to come. I hope.

Love the 75 mate it looks really smart! What do you think to the pes? Ive got an ASE utra north star on my .270 and I'm unimpressed to say the least. Thinking of trying the pes.

Cheers

Can totally agree on .20s , there just so fun . Also agree on tactical looks etc i now prefer laminated stock . NXS are great scopes too , but crist there heavy ... Nice sticks btw ...

Love the 75 mate it looks really smart! What do you think to the pes? Ive got an ASE utra north star on my .270 and I'm unimpressed to say the least. Thinking of trying the pes.

Cheers

I like the PES, looks well on my rifle, balances well and does a good job of noise reduction.

Can totally agree on .20s , there just so fun . Also agree on tactical looks etc i now prefer laminated stock . NXS are great scopes too , but crist there heavy ... Nice sticks btw ...

I've always needed a cheek riser but couldn't bring myself to cut into that lovely laminate so I'm using a butt stock bag. I've gone away from synthetic and composite stocks and only have timber or laminate right now. I'm getting older, must be nostalgia. The nxs is an average scope and not a patch on the swaro or Schmidt

I am waiting for my FAC back from a .204 variation.

I have a rifle in the pipe line. Tikka T3 custom. Boarder barrel. Barnard trigger. Looking forward to it.

Sounds very nice, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Don't spare the pics when you get her :)

Archived