That's a sensible approach, after all if you've got permission for a full bore moderator I cant see it make any difference which rifle you use it on at any one time, Norfolk require a caliber specif moderator, so I have got one for my .308 and for my 6.5, turns out they are the same thing anyway.

It's the most sensible way to do it in my opinion.

Some forces don't even agree that moderators should be on ticket, that's coming from the FEO's themselves.....

I'm not unsure as to my legal position it is perfectly clear and neither am I arrogant enough to think I'm above the law, I was just making the point that if you have 2, 308 rifles as I do, and 1 moderator as I do, nowhere on my certificate does it say which 308 that moderator has to go on, at no point has the firearms dept asked which rifle I want to fit the moderator to. So the moderator is not assigned to a particular rifle, it is assigned to a caliber of rifle, which rifle of that caliber I put it on is up to me

Ditto. I have several rifles and several full bore sound moderators. My FAC says nothing about how the sound moderators should be used. Regards JCS

Archived