QuickLoad S070 calibration?

Lukas_K

Alright I'm stuck. I've always managed to true QL data (by minute manipulation of ba factor, weighing factor, friction and bullet weight) to match my real word measurements across several verified loads with most other Lovex powders, pistol and rifle. Not so with S070. No matter what, predictions are WAY off (as in 30-40m/s difference in prediction and QL screaming PRESSURE while no real marks are present).

Anybody worked with this powder with more success recently?

Real world data:

6,5x55, 60cm barrell

Norma cases = 59grs H2O

Lapua Scenar 139grs, 34,6mm bullet length, HBN coated

COAL: 79,1mm (touching/slightly jammed for starting pressure adjustment)

42.6grs: 700m/s - soothy cases

46.2grs: 823m/s (drop verified to 800m)

47.8grs: 880m/s (drop verified to 800m, still NO pressure signs, Tikka bolt opens with pinky finger)

Dropped COAL to 78,8mm with the 47,8grs load (.15-.2mm jump) and the velocity reduced to 816m/s (drop verified to 800m again).

The powder is much more closer to H4831sc in real world data, but it seems I just can't tweak it to match. That's annoing the hell outta me. I've done the load development old school already (in the end using the last 816m/s load for accuracy) but I keep coming back to QL and trying again... any pointers here?

Lukas, I think the burn rate on SO70 changed a few years ago (it did for SO60) and there was a difference. Ask at Sport Defense,they would know.

With SO70 I went up to 75 grains in 338lm with a 250 grain Scenar without pressure signs.

Hi Dave, yes, that´s what it seems to be - much slower than advertised, yet actually with higher energy potential (?!).

This comes straight from the Lovex manual: S070 - start 40,1grs => 750m/s (2460fps) /// max 44,0grs 775m/s (2542fps). They also quote 79,5mm COAL - longer than what I use. Now if you compare that to my numbers quoted above, it´s something else entirely.

BTW you heading to Senica tomorrow?

Hi Lukas, not to Senica but going to Bzenec for the comp next week.

I still use SO60 in 308. It's cheap but dirty. Out of choice Viht has been giving very good Sd and extreme spread in 338lm. Sports Defence are getting Reloader Swiss in the next 6 months or so.

Archived