Little experiment with the Phoenix Bipod mount and my LMT

So, you have an idea for a little modification on your firearm. Its a small one off job. Most gunsmiths will respond with a sharp intake of breath and quote you a ridiculous price. Others wont even take the job as they can make more money doing a batch of items instead of a one off. And you can be sure it will be a matter of booking it in next month ! One thing is for sure, few will allow you into the workshop to collaborate with them in tinkering and reworking your originalidea as work progresses.

Enter Mark Bradley of BRADLEY ARMS. I was due to collect my CSR rifle from him ( cut down to 12" for use as a dedicated short range rifle ) and asked him if, at the same time as I collected it, he would take a look at an idea I had regarding the mount for my Phoenix Bipod.

Well, to cut a long story short, the very next day, I was in his workshop having the modification done. He treated me as a valued customer rather than an inconvenient interruption to his day. And he let me into his workshop to give my input during the process - this was very much an experiment based on something I had dreamed up, so it "evolved" a little during the modification.

The modification ? Its a mount for my Phoenix Bipod. The existing mount is a very good one but being based on a .50 calibre mount, its steel, heavy and relatively large. My rifle is a LMT which is also heavy enough already. I was looking for a permanently lighter, aluminium fixed option ( I sell these bipods so dont need to have a QD option for switching one bipod from rifle to rifle - I can have as many as I need ) and a slightly lower profile.

The new mount is well under half the weight of the steel QD mount and the profile is about 50% lower. I think it will work on any rifle with a similar top rail setup. If you want a low profile and to lose some weight, it might be something for you to consider. Please contact me if you need a list of the parts required.

Some before and after pics for you................

Phoenix%20homepage_zpspwa8r5i4.jpg

20160408_102631_zpsu4mgapqw.jpg

Archived