Mounts for a PM11 5x25x56

v-max

Hi I'm wondering what mounts people are using in S&B PM2 in 5x25x56.

I am luck to have bought said scope & looking at mounts I have third eye 30mm mounts already on other scopes & like them. I was looking at there tac rings & like them but looking at there uni mount too but not sure on what to go for. What do PM2 owners recommend or positive/negative for mounting said scope please.

I have always used Badgers but would buy Tier One Unimounts with integral anti-cant nowadays.

A 5-25 PMII has 22 Mils of travel (or 74.25 MOA). If you want to get the maximum available adjustment from the scope you should have a mounting system that provides at least half of this angular adjustment.

This is why the mount that Accuracy International sells for the 5-25x56 has a 45 MOA incline. But a 40 MOA incline will do the job just fine. On my rifle I have a 20 MOA rail and a 20 MOA mount from ERA-TAC (which is Recknagel's tactical brand). But this is not strictly necessary for most use.

Been using Larue Tactical QD with 0 MOA (LT111 OBR) and 20 MOA (LT112 PSR) on a 20 MOA rail for the past 6 months. RTZ has been excellent so far. Used the standard AI mounts previously which are good (and relatively cheap) if you don't want to remove the scope regularly, but I prefer the LT QD system now.

http://www.larue.com/larue-tactical-obr-qd-scope-mount

Larue%20Tactical%20OBR%20LT111_zpstgi8ds

I've got a unimount that I no longer use that was holding a pm2 before I swapped rifles it was on a couldn't use it on the new one anyway I'm looking for £150 posted let me know if your interested

Thanks Matt

Archived