.338 Lapua Magnum ammo

A person at work shoots it. I vaguely remember him saying it cost £5 a pop. I did an estimate of reloading for him and that came out at £1.15-1.40 each round ignoring cases. Factoring in the cases, at £1.00-3.00 (PPU to Lapua) per case with between 5-10 reloads, that another 10-20p to 30-60p per shot. Still far cheaper, but then you have to buy the reloading kit too. Money, money, money, this hobby isn't cheap!

Hi Triumph

I reload .338 lapua and find it the easiest calibre to reload as time at the loading bench saves you a lot of money the prices have dropped in the last coupe of years, I can reload premium rounds 300 grain scenars with n170 for under a pound it's quicker and a lot less fiddley than .223 if you want too shoot this calibre get reloading you will find once fire lapua brass for less than a pound each. My last batch is on its 5th reload and like new.

Rgds Paul

Hi Triumph

I reload .338 lapua and find it the easiest calibre to reload as time at the loading bench saves you a lot of money the prices have dropped in the last coupe of years, I can reload premium rounds 300 grain scenars with n170 for under a pound it's quicker and a lot less fiddley than .223 if you want too shoot this calibre get reloading you will find once fire lapua brass for less than a pound each. My last batch is on its 5th reload and like new.

Rgds Paul

I reload for 338 myself agree with the above

Thanks to everyone for your responses above. I've already started reloading, and am in the process of developing a load for my rifle. The reason I asked about the Lapua factory ammo is I wanted to do a comparison against my hand loaded rounds. l'd still appreciate it if someone could point me in the direction of a supplier.

Regards

Hi Triumph

I get my loading materials through my club or MBR sporting, myles the owner is a great guy. the latest lapua catalog has all the data you need bear in mind your rifles twist rate, 300 grains need a 1 in 10 and I think some of the earlier Sako trg's are 1 in 11.

Good luck Paul

PaulC,

I spoke to Myles at MBR today, and it looks like he might be able to help me out.

Many thanks for the steer, it' much apreciated.

Regards

Triumph045.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Triumph045,

When I got my DTA I had 100 factory rounds of 250gr Lap delivered with it. i still have a number of these round left as they were about £5 or so a round. i quickly got round to reloading my own for a fraction of the cost (as said above). i now use 300gr SMK with N570 and get 2750fps from a 26" 1in10 twist.

Andy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

All

Just in case anyone's interested, I am informed that VIking arms have 250 and 300 grain .338 Lapua magnum ammo (manufactured but Lapua) in stock. You would have to order it through an RFD. I'm going to collect some next week, it weighs in at £4.80 a pop all in.

Hope this is of use!

Regards

Triumph045.

Archived