Current FAC holder wishing to go to Bisley, and i only hunt...

Guys,

A friend of mine occasionally goes to Bisley to shoot long distance and i thought it would be good to go with him for the day and get some shooting tips from someone who only shoots competitively. I'm the opposite end of the spectrum, i only shoot on in wilderness and have never done target shooting on a range.

What do i need in order to be able to go with him and use my rifle and ammo alongside him?

I have an FAC but am purely a hunter so have no range qualifications or anything like that, just BASC insurance if that even matters?

Thanks in advance.

You need to be a member of the NRA or an affiliated club.

In the case of an affiliated club, the booking needs to be made through the club.

You will also require a SCC/SSC (Safe Shooter Certification), for this you will need to be assessed.

I believe you also require Target Shooting on your certificate, and I'm not sure if Zeroing will cover it.

Without any of that it's a non starter I'm afraid

BASC as an affiliated NRA club can book a lane for you. Equally they hold MOD SSC training or the BDS also offer SSC courses - I in fact run the BDS SW region SSC training!

Alternatively you could always come shooting down at The Roundhouse on Bodmin Moor...

https://www.facebook.com/roundhousefirearmstraining

I see you're from Gloucester. You could always come to my home range at Severnside sometime. It's limited to 200 yards but it would give you a feel for target shooting prior to longer distances.

Hi Tiff, sounds good. What's the post code of the range in Bodmin?

Travelling from the east, it's 30 minutes from Launceston. If you require anything more precise, please drop me a line (details on my FB page).

Kind regards,

Tiff

Archived