That was quick.

6mmBR

I was well pleased this morning when I opened my post :)

My official 500 Yard Club cerificate from the Varmint Hunters Association arrived today.

DSCF0739.jpg

Well chuffed ;)

What a quick service from the USA.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave ,

Nice to hear you got yours on the same day , and well done on that shot again!!! ;) ;)

Hope you do not mind me adding a bit to your post!!!

now you have started something!!! ray and all the cornish boys will want one now!!! theirs will have a pair of crossed pasty,s as their logo! :)

well done

Hi Trevor ,

Guess what?????

I do have one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)DSCF3264.jpg

Was a very memorable holiday what with Dave in the varmint hunters 500yd club one day , then me on the next!!! ;)

Very fitting that we received ours on the same day!!!!! :D :D

Well done varmint hunters association for a speedy process!!! :D

All the best..................

RAY..................................... :D :D

No mate its not the white balance, its really pink ;)B):D

Well done lads B)

Thanks guys - really appreciate the comments!!!! ;)B)

Pat ,

Nice to hear from you!!! :DB)

As for witnesses - fortunately there were 2 witnesses ( in the Varmint hunters association ) to Dave's shot / Andy and myself!!!! :D

As for pink , sorry boys it is in fact same as Dave's and like Varmartin says i must alter those settings on me camera!!!!

Thanks again and all the best.....................

RAY.................................. :D;)

Ere what hav egot to do to get one of them certs boys???do you have to be a member prior to acheiving or what,please advise.I could add it to me CV if i ever decide to get a job again????cheers and well done all you 500yarders.Onehole.

You have to be a member prior to achieving the distance, also the shot has to be witnessed by another VHA member, it just can't be anybody.

Thats why the goal of Rays trip was to get into the 500 yard club as both Andy and I are members so can witness the shot.

Like you I achieved shots over 500 yards before but they were witnessed by non members.

Cheers

Dave

ps it's worth joining for the excellent magazine.

Thanks as always for the replies guys!!!! :);)

As Dave says its a excellent magazine to read and is well worth the money - its a quaterely magazine and makes our shooting magazines look pale in comparison!!! , but in saying that we have our own varminting magazine right here with UKVarminting!! :D;)

308 Panther ,

No need to apoligise mate :D sorry to hear you have so much work that you are not having the time to get out!!! :(

As for subscription for the Varmint Hunter Magazine , i just subscribe online each year - makes it much more afordable!!!

Must thank Dave and Andy again fro a great time , like Dave says - our mission was to get into the official 500yd club and it was a cracking start when Dave had his 631yd crow- both witnessed by Andy and myself who are members!!!

And was great that the next day i got into the " club " with me 501yd bunnie!!! , theres one thing for sure - if did not happen at the start of the week then towards the end we would of totally blown the 500yd club with the fantastic outing we had on the cliffs!!! :D;)

Thanks again and all the best..................

RAY............................. :D;)

Looks good fun, my best bunny so far was at 1,187 yards. Once the crops/grass is all cut, maybe a get together down here could be organised.....

What are the presents mentioned on the cert, did you have to give or receive presents as part of the ceremony? , bit like the glass beads we handed out in the good old days? .

Well done lads and now what, the 600yd or more ? Maybe there shoud be a UK Varminting cert.

Redfox

Looks good fun, my best bunny so far was at 1,187 yards. Once the crops/grass is all cut, maybe a get together down here could be organised.....

Nice one tiff!!! ;) ;)

Thats the next one one the " must do " list - 1000yd club :D , got to save and get myself a new thunder boomer now!!!!

A get together some time sounds great , i know silent / varmartin / onehole would be up for it!!! ( hope you dont mind me saying lads )..................

Millpool and 308 panther , you are a pair of beauties :lol: :lol:

All the best.......................

RAY...................................... :D;)

What are the presents mentioned on the cert, did you have to give or receive presents as part of the ceremony? , bit like the glass beads we handed out in the good old days? .

Well done lads and now what, the 600yd or more ? Maybe there shoud be a UK Varminting cert.

Redfox

Thanks Redfox!!!! ;)

The only present i gave was LEAD with a plastic tip to the bunnie!!!! :lol: :lol:

Seriously though , its a certificate to commemorate your achievement and it was witnessed by another member!!

Next up for the boys is the 1000yd club , so i shall be watching this space / like i have mentioned before , i have to save for a new thunder boomer to get me to where i want to go!!! ;)

All the best...................

RAY............................. :D;)

Archived