500 club

onehole

At last weve made it!!!!here is a pic of a superb piece of bunny bashing land down here in cornwall where last night Franko and Scotty{not a member on this site yet}and myself walked into the 500 yd club although I am not sure what you have to do for official acceptance but kills were of course witnessed but not photographed,the main reason was that to get to the bunnies was a few miles round trip to get to the other side of the valley!!!

Like I have described on a previous posting the land presented the closest shots of some 330 yards away and we warmed up on many at that range and when we got a fair clue of what the wind was doing we moved gradually out further and further and with myself in the seat a 530 yarder was spotted by Scotty and with the 6br running 95vlds at 2900 i dialled in 10 MOA and in virtually no wind connected first time and was rewarded by a distant smack.The 6br was amazing last night and next up was Scotty for a turn in the chair and I found him a 557 yarder to have a go at with the br.I dialled in 10.5 MOA for him as he was not too familiar with shooting this sort of distance and yet another first round connection as I watched the bullet trace all the way to bunny!!splat,pop and another white belly lit up in the sun.

Time to get Franko up there with us too with his steyr tactical 223.So with a 52Amax up the spout and just creeping in at 501 yards yet another victim fell and we all celebrated his shot with the usual outburst yeah!!!

So there we are then a great evening and some decent weather at last.Hope to get back on that ground some more and a special thanks to Scotty who gave us the permission as he manages all the deer and vermin control in this area.Cheers Onehole. Canon20006-July2008PapsGuernseyWedd.jpg

That's a great looking valley for bunny bashing, good shooting by all concerned, I'm at 350yds but stretching it out all the time looking for the magic 500 some time soon.

Well Done!!!!!!! :D;)

Awesome when it all comes together aint it buddy!!!! :D :D

A beautiful place to shoot as well - really pleased for all of you!!!! :D;)

All the best..........................

RAY............................................. :D;)

Well done mate ;) , its one hell of a feeling when you are pretty sure you can hit a target at that range ;) , Acracking piece of ground there ,I wonder how long the bunnies will last :D .

Good Shooting ANDY

Dave thats brilliant shooting, I'm chuffed for all of you, its a great acheivement.

Those 6BR's are just so consistent, it takes a lot to beat them. They may not be the fastest kid on the block but they certainly do whats said on the tin.

Congrats to everyone again.

By the way how did the 87's go?

Ray found the same in his PPC shot horribly when into the lands but onehole when backed 10 thou off.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks for viewing all of you.Dave[6mmbr] I have not had best of conditions to really try but have 20 made up but they are gonna have to be real special to rip me away from the vlds at the moment.They are doing ppc type holes at 100 and so slippery for the rest of the journey and they do make a good pop over the 500 on contact.Will put in some groups on the site when I have done an honest test but thanks for the load suggestion.Regards all Onehole.

good shooting lads

I must say alot of u guys look way to comffy with ur nice bench's:-)

I gota sort me out one of these for the long stuff

So far im at about 420yds with my new rifle (243Ai) & i did get one at 425 ish but i missed it twice!!!( i think the shock of the bullet/fragments did 4 it!)

Its been way to windy down here to streach its legs since about 4 weeks ago but im looking forward to fine tunning exbal with my chosen loads when it does stop blowing

Andy

A big congrats to you and your mates Onehole ,that must be one hell of a buzz geting on target at those ranges,especialy first shot hits i know i was chuffed with my 361, looks like the 500 yd club is well on the increase very nice looking area as well

Archived