Am feeling the need for a scope level of some sort to aid in longer range accuracy. Been shooting out to 200yds with good results but beginning to realise the need for ensuring a level reticule if I am to go further. Which is the best, scope mounted or mount mounted? Looking at the ones ofered by Sporting Services but unsure which to go for. Advice appreciated.

Thanks

Rik.

There are variious ones but easiest is to sit rifle in a cleaning mount or similar and level the top of the action with one of the many spirit levels available and then level the scope/ reticle to that, tasco and bushnell both make simple but effective ones that are cheap enough.

Redfox

Cheers Redfox. Have put time in ensuring vertical crosshair is in line with bore already (zero @100yds, vertical line with builders level on target, small cross at bottom, shoot group on cross, 20 moa elevation up then shoot cross again, group still on vertical line). It was more a field aid to ensuring setup is held vertical whilst shooting off bipod that I was meaning. I am sure some of you folks must use one??

Huntsman got me one from, I'm fairly sure Jackson rifles.

Maybe around 30 Euro. Not the best quality but very usefull.

On straight terrain it's not critical and the eye is very close to what

the little spirit level say's. If one is on a slope and hanging awkward

to get a shot off one would not believe the little spirit level. I would have

screwed up a few of those shot's without it.

edi

Archived